Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Sound card

fox*

So today I just got my new computer. After updating and what not I started ts3. Only problem is that the mic isn't working. The mic doesn't work for ANY application, it's a Creative SB X-Fi card. it is PCI also says the device is Sound, video and game controllers.

Need help getting this fixed so I can use my mic on all applications.

So today I just got my new computer. After updating and what not I started ts3. Only problem is that the mic isn't working. The mic doesn't work for ANY application, it's a Creative SB X-Fi card. it is PCI also says the device is Sound, video and game controllers.

Need help getting this fixed so I can use my mic on all applications.

make sure its plugged in lol. Did you build the computer and go hurpie mc derpies and not push it in all the way?

Guest The_Monkey
reseat sound card

report back

wtf? U are puter tarded.

Make sure you are running whatever software is necessary for your card. Like Enigma said, you may have to tell the computer what is plugged into the jack for it to work. Windows doesn't support this by default, and will require whatever crapass software made by creative to make the change.

This is where to start. If that doesn't work.....report back.

Make sure its set to default? not on-board?

This too.

Right-click on the speaker icon in your system tray, and click on recording devices. Make sure that the creative card is set to default, and is enabled.

wtf? U are puter tarded.

Make sure you are running whatever software is necessary for your card. Like Enigma said, you may have to tell the computer what is plugged into the jack for it to work. Windows doesn't support this by default, and will require whatever crapass software made by creative to make the change.

This is where to start. If that doesn't work.....report back.

This too.

Right-click on the speaker icon in your system tray, and click on recording devices. Make sure that the creative card is set to default, and is enabled.

When I have problem with PCI/PCI-e devices I usually reseat them to see if that's the problem first, and then check drivers etc. Your way is fine to, I just like to get the reseat process out of the way if it's needed.