Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

HnS questions

SoySauceAndrice

Okay just wondering are you allowed to slay/kick someone on the hide n seek server cause they were a ct

and died... then spec you , since they were specataing you they kno where you are hiding.. are you allowed

to kick / slay them for that?? cause this one admin was doing that and i thought it was pretty much abuse ...

Like all the cts that died for shooting or other reason were scared to find the admin cause he would kick /

slay them saying "oh you were specing me" "your abusing the spec..."

Edited by SoySauceAndrice

yea i took screen shots of the admin kicking someone and everything, saying he would slay/kick/ban anyone whos

specing' or "ABUSE ING THE SPEC MODE" saying its cheap and cheating .. well it is cheap but i dont see how its cheat but

o wells i let it slide for now

1.Specing would be disabled if it wasn't allowed on the server reagardless of it being cheap, or not. Hiding in the same spot every round is cheap.

2. Post your screen shot and post admin name as he is abusing it seems. The staff/council will decide on abuse or not according to proof which is available given by persons such as yourself. This has happened to all admins and it either sticks, or it doesn't.

Don't ever feel like you can't post abuse, or questionable hacks. If it's not, it's not, and nothing happens to you for being suspicious and posting. The problem is when you don't post, and admins are ruining servers by abusing. In this case if what you say is true, he would have admin removed most likely, or some other measure.

Who's to say anyone was specing him anyway. If someone randomly killed him I would assume he would slay/kick as well. That in itself is abuse.

Bad admins = :diaf:

The admin was me, and yes, I slayed someone. After several maps worth of Malkin, myself, and a few others always having good hiding spots ruined by people intentionally spec'ing them, I announced that if you died as a CT and went to someone immediately after that noone had found there before, I would consider it abuse and hand out punishment. If you can't find someone without dying and then spec'ing them (which is abuse of game mechanics), then you don't deserve to find them. Now, please note, this wasn't me flying of the handle and just slaying people randomly. I made an announcement several times after this became problematic. If this is the slay I'm remembering the person couldn't find Malkin or myself (neither could several other players) for several rounds in a row. The person died and I made clear in voice chat "If you go immediately to Malkin or myself next round, I'm going to consider you as cheating". Next round, the person went DIRECTLY to my spot I was in the previous round. Coincidence? I think not.

As far as Pureslay saying that "If you weren't supposed to be able to spec, you wouldn't be able to", I'll say that Malkin and I both spoke to JJK about it earlier today and brought up doing blackouts upon death. JJK basically said that he agreed that spec'ing was abuse and shouldn't be done, however that blacking out players upon death created a "boring" type of environment and he felt it would overall lead to less players, even if it did create better overall gameplay. So it's a tradeoff.

Anyway, I'm not saying if you've been dead, you're never allowed to find my spot if I've got a good one. I'm just saying don't make it PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that you only found my spot by dying and spec'ing me. Maybe give it two rounds, announce you saw the spot, etc. Something to let the person actually enjoy the fruit of their creative genius (hiding spot), while you still get to keep them on their toes by not letting them camp one spot forever. Anyway, that's my stance on it. If I wasn't the admin you're talking about specifically, oh well, I still think spec'ing is abuse.

HnS was intended to force teams to spec teammates only, but it wont work in HnS, teh command just - doesnt work

im sure we can find a different way of preventing that