Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Game recording

Phate

WeGame

Although for source games, there is the built in Source Recorder, look up some tutorials on YouTube because I dont really know if it would be the same on a mac.

If it is for source games, definitely use the "demo" function. Like the psychogamer posted.

I have also heard good things about WeGame.

But if you are willing to spend some money, then you should buy fraps.

Basically to use the source recorder type in the console:

startmovie <movienamehere> avi

A window should open up, select xvid codec then click ok. Source recorder will start recording once you start the demo.

Type: play <demonamehere>

It's going to take a while for source recorder to record the video. It will look like the game is lagging but it is really just processing each frame. Don't open up any menu's while source recorder is recording the demo because it can fuck up the recording sometimes. I recommend just leaving your computer alone till the demo is done recording. Once the demo ends it will go back to the main menu. Type in console: endmovie

Your video will be saved in the game folder in steam for the game you were playing.

For example: Steam/steamapps/digitalshot963/team fortress 2

Because the video was recorded with the xvid codec I can't edit the video in any editing software unless you find a way to install the codec into that software. Hopefully this helps.