Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Antivirus Question

VeN

I know alot of people have been asking this question already but

im sick and tired of kaspersky (which i've been using for a year and i don't wanna pay 70$ again for it)

Can anyone link me up

with a good antivirus,firewall program?

You got a PC? Microsoft Security Essentials. Free and works great for me. Windows Firewall works fine too.

Get Ninja'd Tommo.

Bloody hell.

As for my firewall i also use the Windows one.

AVG free + W. Firewall, i find it a great combination.

as of this minute, mcaffee is using 1064k!

EDIT: dont believe me?

26193743c575c5116c7d27170d5e7bc68580e949c45f5f1260bd2faeffb43d864g.jpg

check all processes, Windows 7 by default hides SYSTEM/LOCAL Service/NEtwork Service

This screenshot shows how much Kaspersky uses (~32 MB)

If I counted only what my user session used, it'd be about ~2MB.

kav.png

check all processes, Windows 7 by default hides SYSTEM/LOCAL Service/NEtwork Service

This screenshot shows how much Kaspersky uses (~32 MB)

If I counted only what my user session used, it'd be about ~2MB.

kav.png

i have no idea what you just said lmao

im a bit of a computer n00b when it comes to all the processes lol

I use AVG Internet Security, with a serial key that lasts until 2018... no joke.

If you want the key I can pm it to you (or anyone else who wants it).

I've had no problems with it over the almost 3 years I've been using it; uses hardly any CPU and the key hasn't had any problems with regular updates and new yearly versions of the program.

I use ESET NOD32. It does updates mostly everyday and its set to stop anything that would attack your system files first. I used Avast but it was too annoying with that popup window. I never use any firewall..just the standard Windows one which we all know generally sucks at times. @Batters...McAfee is good but its not stable like Norton and all those other programs. Norton uses too much memory from the start so whoever uses Norton needs to get rid of it ASAP. Norton was good at one time but they made it too memory usage.

monkeyface, i know it is good (+ i get it free due to my dad working with BT who somehow has a partenership with mcaffee) just destroys game play sometimes, impossible to use the laptop with a mcaffee scan going!

inb4 "use a desktop then" posts

Piracy might be bad but I bet most of the gamers out there have cracked/torrented or even downloaded from a site with .RAR files. Everyone has done some kind of piracy in their time..downloading music is piracy fyi.

Maybe most people have, but it shouldn't encouraged. Since it is against the law.