Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A Few problems with CS:S

TorsoShirt

Hey guys I have been having a few problems with my CS:S that I can't seem to fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated! So the first one is that for some reason I can't see any sprays, I've tried changing things in console and still I can never see them. My other problem is that a while back I was trying to play CS:S on my laptop so I installed something into my cstrike folder (I think, not 100% sure cause it was a while ago) and what it did was turn all my settings to the lowest they could be so I could play on a laptop. I've looked through my cstrike folder to try and find it but I couldn't remember what the file was called and I don't want to just delete random stuff and mess up my counter strike.

Thanks in advance!

\cstrike\CFG folder

In CFG folder, search the file called: autoexec.cfg

Edit the file using Wordpad or Notepad++ (Right click -> open with)

Edit or ADD those lines:

cl_playerspraydisable "0"

r_decals "200"

r_spray_lifetime "2"

mp_decals "200"

My other problem is that a while back I was trying to play CS:S on my laptop so I installed something into my cstrike folder (I think, not 100% sure cause it was a while ago) and what it did was turn all my settings to the lowest they could be so I could play on a laptop. I've looked through my cstrike folder to try and find it but I couldn't remember what the file was called and I don't want to just delete random stuff and mess up my counter strike.

If you have other add-ons currently that you don't mind replacing, or not at all, it's always possible to change your cstrike folders name, effectively creating a brand new folder in which you play on. The downside to this is you would need to re-download any custom maps/sprays etc that you currently have.

Default settings in game.

Delete the files autoexec.cfg and config.cfg located in \cstrike\cfg folder (Remove all *.CFG files in CFG folder)

Right click in Steam Tray Icon -> Library -> Right Click in Counter Strike Source -> Properties -> Set Launch Options

Type this in the Launch Options box:

-autoconfig +cl_cloud_settings 0

Run the game 1 time and exit, remove the -autoconfig +cl_cloud_settings 0 in Launch Options. Voilâ

^_-

Default settings in game.

Delete the files autoexec.cfg and config.cfg located in \cstrike\cfg folder (Remove all *.CFG files in CFG folder)

Right click in Steam Tray Icon -> Library -> Right Click in Counter Strike Source -> Properties -> Set Launch Options

Type this in the Launch Options box:

Run the game 1 time and exit, remove the -autoconfig +cl_cloud_settings 0 in Launch Options. Voilâ

^_-

Thanks bro, I figured out like what I installed (caseys config) but it's a bitch to get rid of haha I'm gonna go try this and if it don't work I'll try what Nevodka said.

EDIT: Okay so I tried that and it worked but then halfway through playing a game it just went all shitty again. I don't know how that is possible but some how it did it..

Edited by TorsoShirt

EDIT: Okay so I tried that and it worked but then halfway through playing a game it just went all shitty again. I don't know how that is possible but some how it did it..

Do it again, all steps (remove the Casey's CAL config too)

Execute the game with:

In-Game go to, Options -> Multiplayer -> Advanced (Turn off Steam Cloud Sync)

Remove this in Launch Options: "-autoconfig"

Open the game ALL THE TIME with:

+cl_cloud_settings 0

Post a reply.