Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Suggestion for Frontier Server

Devro

Hi there, I've been playing on the Frontier server almost since you've all had it up. I've been in the top 10 for both months even after the reset, ranging from rank 1 to rank 8-ish, so hopefully that establishes that I spend enough time on the server to know what I am talking about.

Recently, there was a change to the server in maximum players allowed on it, from 24 to 32. While sometimes I enjoy playing against a larger volume of players at a time, it has become a detriment to the server in general. When there are over 28 players on the server at a single time, there are huge server lag spikes that just don't occur when there are only 24 people on. And the issue is not that that are larger lag spikes, resulting in skipping of players from place to place, it is the issue that it happens often, perhaps as often as every 30 seconds or so. When there aren't larger spikes like the ones I just described, the server is in a constant flux of smaller spikes that affect the gameplay.

My suggestion is to decrease the maximum server allowance to 28 people if not 24. Of course, I would also suggest that any of your administrators visit the server and monitor it themselves when the server is full as opposed to blindly taking my word for it. I won't lie, I like the server population and the map, so even if it is not changed, I probably won't be going anywhere, but I am just making a suggestion that would (hopefully) make the server's inhabitants a little happier.

Thanks for your time,

2LT Havro, AKA Bidididi/Devro

A little update, the Frontier server is now lagging so hard, it often glitches and will not let you switch weapons. It will switch weapons, but then quickly switch back to the original weapon, thus screwing up your plan.