Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What the Fuck?

Phate

I have played HG servers for ever, but with an update, we lost the bots. This pleased me. I know it pleased others too. So why on Earth would we even consider putting them back? Furthermore, we still cant tell if we should join a server because they all ay that they have 23/24 or 31/32. that is just sad that we feel the need to mask the population of our servers. I think we can compromise on one of 2 choices:

We can have bots with the playercount only showing live players

Or we can have no bots and no fake playercount, so we can Have servers more populated by inviting friends to "start" a server up. Again, WTF is wrong her?

Unless inclined to join one specific server, a random player isn't going to want to join an empty server; they know there are no players in it. Thus bots, to increase traffic.

A recruit that has common sense?!?!?!!? PROMOTE THIS MAN.

I for one, hate bots. They are evil, infact one told me "Sandmich!" and I crapped my pants. Bots try to shoot through walls and they look retarded as hell doing it. I want to fight a player, and also player count is evil. The first time I went on an hg server on tf2 I was like, "Yay only one spot left, I feel special" but I found this out and I felt like crap.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally I'm torn between bots and no bots. I agree they can increase traffic and joins based on the "nobody wants to eat in an empty restaurant" saying, but the bots I saw (especially in Hoodoo) were little more than AFK placeholders. They would stand in the spawn doing nothing, which is almost worse, especially when you have a full real player team you're going against. I think if you could modify their paths somehow so they actually attack, and of course limit them to say 5 per team and drop them off when people join the server, that would be a better way to go

While this necropost has been brought back up, we should review the issue.

It is no help to populate, I go in a server, exited to play, get bummed and we end up stacking on one team against shit bots. What I want ot bring up next time a community night happens is the consolidating servers on tf2. I know servers like hoodoo and dustbowl are always full, but do we really need a 2fort and a 2fort/Turbine? I mean, we could consolidate a lot of server to just be the popular ones, and plr, payload, CP, CTF, and Attack/defend, with a rtv system to keep the servers more full, and we can use those servers for other games soon to come, like the impending tf3 and CS:HAmmer. It would be better for all of us to keep the fun servers fun, and the less full ones just as fun. Maybe a botvote mod could be made to toggle bots, so that the popular vote wins on each server. Also, faking a playercount is just douchey. It kinda reads to the pubbers that HG is so sad and pathetic it can't populate its own servers.

Maybe we can get a server with a sticky forum post where we can add maps made by HG, and other 3rd party maps like some of the css minigames maps are. just a thought.

While this necropost has been brought back up, we should review the issue.

I know servers like hoodoo and dustbowl are always full, but do we really need a 2fort and a 2fort/Turbine?

http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/?query=hellsgamers

2Fort/Turbine is one of our top servers now.

Also, faking a playercount is just douchey. It kinda reads to the pubbers that HG is so sad and pathetic it can't populate its own servers.

This mod is slowly being removed as we register our servers with TF2 Quickplay system. If you

Maybe we can get a server with a sticky forum post where we can add maps made by HG, and other 3rd party maps like some of the css minigames maps are. just a thought.

https://hellsgamers.com/forums/173-Map-Suggestions

The reason WHY fake playercount fails for TF2 and not CSS:

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2338

OLD TF2 blog post explaining how servers score. Now, if we have a fake playercount on out servers, people will join and a lot of them will quickly leave the server before that 15 minute marker, giving us a bad wrap. I'd rather have someone just not join the server than to join and leave quickly. People will join the server if it's empty/low pop and stay if they joined knowing beforehand that it was.

Bots, ehh I don't like them either, but they're least it's better than RTD

• 2 weeks later...