Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Oh Man dat intel

LaMigra

So yeah good thing i did not go ahead and buy that AMD Phenom 2 with a whole new setup and actually waited on this Sandy Bridge CPU...

300 bucks for i7 3.4 Ghz's

- CPU

[YOUTUBE]JGxMdwJ1Rjk[/YOUTUBE]

Not only that but it goes great with this new Asus Mobo that has a replacement for Bios

- MotherBoard

[YOUTUBE]3vBN-cBPs98[/YOUTUBE]

Now I didn't come here to brag about I came here for some help as well...

I have a full tower case and bluray/dvd drive and 1000w PSU and Radeon 5870... what i really need is help finding RAM that is above average and it has to be 8GB (2x4GB sticks) as well as a monitor that is 120hz and can support 1080p (1920x1080)

I would look this all up but the next couple of weeks I am going to be busy and I cannot really sit down and research everything my self.... Thanks for the help

Edited by LaMigra

As for your motherboard, yes, it supports Quad SLI + Crossfire as Asus states in their website here.(scroll down) However, if you do plan on crossfiring your 5870 with another one, they will both be running at 8x/8x, as stated in Newegg's description tab of your motherboard.

Here are some suggestions of mine for your monitor and RAM:

Memory:G.Skill DDR3-1600 ~~ 8GB(2x4GB)

-Good ram, IMO. But, I'm not sure if you would call this "above average," so I would wait for people to give some feedback. :P

Monitor: ASUS 23.6" LCD Monitor ~~ 120hz @ 1080p

-There's not a lot of 120hz Full 1080p PC monitors out there(that I could find on Newegg), but there are a lot of TV's though...

I'm gonna find a list of what works and what doesn't with this.

What do you mean by that? GPU's, motherboards, RAM? Anyways, I'm sure if you need any help and post it on the forums, someone would more than likely have an answer to your questions.

Migra, I have the i7-2600K and I am sure you will not be disappointed with its performance. This thing doesn't break a sweat even at 4.6GHz and no voltage bump. Gaming-wise I cannot stress it enough to even get past ~20-30% load.

The RAM that Plaayer recommended is good (I have this kit as well). Although, I had to RMA the first set. Luck of the draw I guess.

As for a monitor I use a Samsung Syncmaster 23" at work and takes the strain off your eyes at 120Hz. But I believe they only make it in 1680x1050 and they are discontinued.

To add, you might want to add a new CPU cooler. H70 if you have the space or something Noctua if you don't.

Edited by Cefdinir

the corsair vengeance has been on sale lately, 8GB (2 4gb) for $120 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233170

also the monitor plaayer put it is great but if your looking for something a little cheaper heres a 24 inch lcd with 2ms response time and 1080p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236049

also the monitor plaayer put it is great but if your looking for something a little cheaper heres a 24 inch lcd with 2ms response time and 1080p

He wanted a 120hz monitor. :)

video card doesn't block anything? thats a problem i found in most motherboards?

What do you mean by "blocking?" Do you mean if it is SLI/Crossfire capable? This motherboard can run SLI/Crossfire both at x16. However, looking around the inter-webs, there seems to be a lot of talk if dual x16 ports SLI/Crossfire is much of a difference from the dual x8 ports. Can I get some clarification from someone, please?