Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

No sound for me....

widdizzles

Ok I have my shitty old desktop and I have a mic for it. I usually listen to the sound from it because well, the sound is better and is in HD. I wanted to rest for a while from the mic though so I unplugged it, and wanted to listen from the desktop speakers. They wouldn't work. I plugged in the mic that wouldn't work. So I went to my computer settings and tried changing the outputs and play backs but nothing happened. What do I do?

Ok so we're going to start debugging this problem from the ground up widdizzle. First check to make sure that your speakers are set as the default device and default communications device. You can do this by right clicking on the small speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner of your task bar and going to playback devices.

Next if that is already default, please make sure all cables are tightly secured between your speakers and sound card. If any are loose, that may indicate that the port or plug is no longer tightly secured and might possibly need replacement.

The very last suggestion I will make although this might sound remedial is to make sure you do not have your speakers muted, neither in windows nor with a physical switch. Open the volume mixer with the same procedure as in step one and check there.

Ok so we're going to start debugging this problem from the ground up widdizzle. First check to make sure that your speakers are set as the default device and default communications device. You can do this by right clicking on the small speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner of your task bar and going to playback devices.

Next if that is already default, please make sure all cables are tightly secured between your speakers and sound card. If any are loose, that may indicate that the port or plug is no longer tightly secured and might possibly need replacement.

The very last suggestion I will make although this might sound remedial is to make sure you do not have your speakers muted, neither in windows nor with a physical switch. Open the volume mixer with the same procedure as in step one and check there.

They didn't work.