Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Admin Abuse: [HG] Angel Descends

laos

1. Abuser name: [HG] Angel Descends

2. Their Steam Id: STEAM_0:0:33761507

3. What server: CS:S Jailbreak

4. About what time: Just Now

5. PROOF: http://zhost.hellsgamers.com/u/ix/spam.dem

6. Please tell us about the incident:

Was asked by myself and other players to stop playing his music as they didn't like it. Refused to and when i muted him once before he threatened to report me for abuse. Demo clearly has people shouting "STOP" and myself warning him to mute it in chat.

People are always going to QQ about music THEY don't like, good music is a matter of opinion. Some people like my music, some don't big deal. That's not admin abuse.

THIS IS ADMIN ABUSE: Screenshot 1

You used an admin command on another admin. It doesn't matter what the reason is for using admin commands on other admins, it's not allowed; I had this exact same incident with another admin yesterday and it was resolved by HG | SuperScreech . He said you CANNOT use admin commands on other admins, basic admins I'm talking about.

And here's another screenshot of a player that liked the music that I was playing: Screenshot 2

Another instance of me playing music and players not liking it is when I had a warday in armory yesterday and some people didn't like it and some did, including JJK I might add who liked what I was playing.

Here's the Jailbreak Server Rules on playing music: Screenshot 3

You told me I had to stop playing music if people asked me to because it's a rule in the motd, and there is no rule saying that I have to.

I hear music on Jailbreak that I don't like everyday but I don't QQ about it because GOOD MUSIC IS A MATTER OF OPINION.

Edited by Angel Descends

"Good music is a matter of opinion"

... Which is why you should have stopped playing your music. The old MOTD clarified it a bit better saying that if people are complaining, stop. Why have such a damn hard on about your own music that you refuse to quit playing it when other people ask?

Don't post in threads you don't belong, you weren't in the server.

https://hellsgamers.com/threads/10175-Abuse-Forum-Rules

Lazarus is correct however, I don't think it's right for another admin to invoke commands on another admin.

If people don't like your music, stop playing it. [i'm not talking about just one person...] It's simple as that.

Just because you're admin doesn't give you the right to circumvent our rules.

Rules also imply greatly our job is to keep players happy. Many admins - including basic admins - have stepped in to prevent this even when its another admin. I understand it's to prevent admin wars but when they're obviously breaking the rules and making the game a toxic environment that's my justification.

If admins cant stop playing the music they like when people complain they shouldn't play it in the first place, it just ends up making them have a bitchfest. This isn't a fucking election either - if people start voicing concern you stop playing, period.

If people don't like your music, stop playing it. [i'm not talking about just one person...] It's simple as that.

Just because you're admin doesn't give you the right to circumvent our rules.

Ok, I hear what you are saying. In all honesty I had no intention in circumventing the rules as I always follow the motd; I've never seen the old motd for Jailbreak as I follow the current motd/'s, but I will of course respect staff's decisions. May I suggest that this rule be put into the current motd to avoid future confusions for players on this matter?

And as my own personal punishment I have decided that I won't be using HLDJ for at least 1 week, possibly more.

I assure you that this problem will not arise with me again.