Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

BUFFER OVERFLOW

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Oh Hi ^^^^^

Sooo..... WTF?

This Buffer overflow started the day before yesterday... it was working fine untill the day before ysterday when ever there is mic spam or a new round starting it goes all bad this never happended before and not only 2 me...

Cheesecake told me he has issues xToYsoldier did i see Never Trust a Hippi with the [buffer Overflow]

Whats wrong? is it the server? cause this is the ONLY server i have buffer overflow with

Thanks

-☢ S.T.A.L.K.E.R ☢™

@Phate - Tried it, does not work and

P.S - No! is never serious about anything.... don't waist your breath on him :P

@DR.OBVIOUS - Yes im geting lag alot and peoples mic is cuting

the lag might be the mic spam the music you know xD i told cheesecake TURN THE MUSIC OFF WE WILL BOTH GET BUFFER OVERFLOW! and he was like "I Know xD we are so fucked" BANG BUFFER OVERFLOW i had to rage at him xD

It has to do with the bandwidth consumed by micspam. As advised by other hardcore JB members, Type this phrase into console

rate 30000

I have never buffer overflowed since, whereas I used ot every other round

Hey thanks. I'll give this a try.

I dont know what the issue is for you guys, the rate thirty thou8sand controls how many packets of info you send to the server, and lowering the number helps free up bandwidth. Try closing browsers and other unneccesssary programs, go to your system activity monitor and quit unneeded processes.

When I first started playing on Jailbreak a week or two ago I never got buffer overflows, even when everyone was talking at the same time.

Only recently did this start happening to me, maybe 3-4 days ago?

The only other server I've gotten buffer overflow on was Minigames but that has only happened once so far.

This is a daily occurrence for me and only seems to happen with a lot of mic chatter going on.

Why do I get the feeling a Steam update has done this...