Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New PC TIME!!

MadeMaster

That's a big price range... do you want us to use all of it? Anyways, do you have any preferences on company names? I'll make a build, hold a sec.

EDIT: Alright, all done. Here's the build. (It's a big picture.) I put 1000 watts right there because my cursor was highlighting the URL, so it covered what it said.

Edited by Plaayer

• 2 weeks later...
That's a big price range... do you want us to use all of it? Anyways, do you have any preferences on company names? I'll make a build, hold a sec.

EDIT: Alright, all done. Here's the build. (It's a big picture.) I put 1000 watts right there because my cursor was highlighting the URL, so it covered what it said.

A $800 motherboard? That seems $700 too much. And a mid tower for more than $100 is a big rip off. Get a full tower for $150 if you really want to pay that much, plus size.

Edited by JaimeSwitch

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

[spoiler=its alot of text.]---------------AMD OPTION-----------------

cpu - Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX

mobo - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

I have been using gigabyte boards for years now and I have never had a problem with them.

this board will also be ahead of the game if you ever want to upgrade to an am3+ cpu.. if they ever come out.

cpu heatsink - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

I like the idea of water cooling but if you dont want to deal with installing it I would use this one..

---------------INTEL OPTION-----------------

I only use intel cpu's in laptops but this is probably the set-up I would use in a desktop

cpu - Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

You could also use a hex core i7 chip but it will cost alot.

mobo - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

cpu heatsink - Newegg.com - ZALMAN 9500A-LED 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

--------------------THE REST---------------

case - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KXN1-GP Black Steel, ABS Plastic, Mesh bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Really the only important thing (for me) about a case is air flow. I dont like huge windows on the side, this case (again, for me) seems to be the best of both worlds. There are new boards out there that mount the mobo facing upwards I havent had any experience with those but you might want to look into them if you plan on generating alot of heat.

memory - Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL

optical drives - Newegg.com - LG Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 10X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Super Multi WH12LS30 LightScribe Support - Blu-Ray Burners

I also like to have a simple dvd drive to use with games that need a disk.. they are less expensive to replace if they wear out.

Newegg.com - SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - CD / DVD Drives

hard drives - 2x Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

1x Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

You can never have enough storage. I like to keep my os and programs on a smaller drive, it tends to be faster for me.

power supply - Newegg.com - RAIDMAX RX-850AE 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

video card - Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100311SR Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

I use a radeon 6990 but thats because I do alot of 3d rendering. I have used a card like this one before and it produced amazing results. I have never tried running 3 games at once so you might actually want to get the 6990... that is... if you can actually find one for sale.

hdd cooler - 2x or 3x Newegg.com - MASSCOOL SYTRIN Kuformula SHF1 Ultra HDD Cooler – BK

my 1+tb drives tend to produce alot of heat, i highly recommend cooling them

thermal compound - Newegg.com - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

use this.. it works great

fan controller - Newegg.com - Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller

fan controllers are amazing.. and they help reduce power consumption when you are only doing light work on your pc.

etc. you will want to get more sata 6gps cables because the case may only come with a few. and you will also want them to all match, it makes it look better

this build costs about $1,846.77 for the AMD option and $1,936.76 for the INTEL option...with shipping costs it will be more. And also the addition of an operating system and the programs that you need.

Again this is just my opinion.. I hoped this helped out.

-nettles

That's a big price range...

+1!!! Obviously we're going to build you a $2,500 computer so why don't you just say your max is $2,500? ;).

BTW, if you get a $2,500 computer, I sure as hell hope that price includes at least a 30" monitor and all the accessories that go with a comp. Headset/laptop/mouse. Hell, even a printer. You can build a pretty beast setup for around $1,000 for the computer itself not including anything else.