Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

CS:S Achievements Problem with SourceScheme.res

Angel

Ok, so just recently I've been editing 3 files to do with the CS:S Menu -> GameMenu.res, ClientScheme.res and SourceScheme.res.

I went searching through Google for hours on end to find the tutorials and info that I needed to get what I wanted for my CS:S menu.

I extracted each original file using a program called GCFScape from several .gcf files, which allows you to open .gcf files and extract the content from them. I then edited certain parts of the files according the the tuts I found.

I ended up with this these results: Main Menu and In-Game Menu

Exactly the way I wanted it.

The only problem is there are some very annoying problems when I go into my Achievements:

-Page 1

-Page 2

-Page 3

-Page 4

Missing text in a lot of areas and red backgrounds.

So I messed around with the files trying to find out what the problem is and it turns out it's the SourceScheme.res. So I rename my edited version and put the original in the directory. All 3 files are in Steam\steamapps\youraccountname\counter-strike source\cstrike\resource btw.

I got the original file extracting it from the source engine.gcf file (then navigate to root\hl2\resource inside of GCFScape) and put it in Steam\steamapps\youraccountname\counter-strike source\cstrike\resource where my edited version was.

And still no difference, even though CS:S uses this file from source engine.gcf if it's not in the above directory by default :/

I've looked all over Google and I can't seem to find an answer so if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Artillery

After deciding to search Google for a bit longer I discovered the SourceScheme.res that I extracted from source engine.gcf was actually bugged, and the fixed version is actually in multiplayer ob binaries.gcf in root\hl2\resource using GCFScape :/

I edited the fixed version and there are no problems with the in-game Achievements now :D

Source: http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1432067

post-8346-1352595449669_thumb.jpg