Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Computer

SovietWaffles

If you aren't willing to buy it and are in the US, then here are my recommended retailers for "gaming" PCs.

CyberPowerPC - No personal experience with, but they've raving reviews with customer service.

ibuypower - Customer support is hit or miss. My dad has purchased 1 desktop and 3 laptops from here and they are all going strong. We've no bad experience with customer support, but others say it is hit or miss. The prices of their desktops are very sexy....

Personally, I recommend building a computer. For US residents use http://www.newegg.com. You can post here what parts you've chosen and ask for feedback.

Also answer Terry's question(s):

• Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse? If you need a monitor that can bring up the price considerably...

I do recommend building a desktop yourself. You'll get more power, thus, giving you more options on games to play. Do you have any preferred brands for your new PC?

Dont really NEED monitor do need a mouse do need a keyboard

Do you want the mouse and keyboard to be "gaming" keyboards/mice?

I would build it, a highend laptop around your budget will be able to play games like crysis, gta4 ect but no where at all on maxed settings and the gpu will have no where near the amount of stream processors compared to a desktop gpu for the money. If all your doing is playing games you could build a desktop for around $600 you probably dont need a $1000 machine to play a few games. If your encoding/decoding videos or doing video editing go with an intel system hands down.