Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Domains?

Tommo

Depends on what TLD you're looking for.

There is a promotion for .CA and small business owners to have a domain name for free.

For typical DN registrations, it can cost anywhere between 5-25 dollars on a yearly basis. (GoDaddy has some for as low as $6/year)

I looked at Godaddy and they wanted $12 a year for a .com, which was alright, but then there was a fee for $12 more, when ended up making it 24 bucks a year. So i am wondering if there are any other options.

I would prefer the domain to be a .com, but if not .co.uk is alright.

Depends on what TLD you're looking for.

There is a promotion for .CA and small business owners to have a domain name for free.

For typical DN registrations, it can cost anywhere between 5-25 dollars on a yearly basis. (GoDaddy has some for as low as $6/year)

Way to make it far more complicated then it needs to be.

Google or GoDaddy. Find the domain you want there as they are both good services, domain.com has terrible support and sometimes they decide to take you off because of some new BS tos.

If you're looking for just a domain and are just looking to find a relatively inexpensive one, any registrar can handle it. Although some will nitpick you for extra services, I just say no. You are always offered the option to have your identity protected when you register your domain (if that's something you want).

Personally, I don't work with domains or do a lot of web development for that matter. I'd say go with what is less expensive. Watch out for those fees :S

I looked at Godaddy and they wanted $12 a year for a .com, which was alright, but then there was a fee for $12 more, when ended up making it 24 bucks a year. So i am wondering if there are any other options.

I would prefer the domain to be a .com, but if not .co.uk is alright.

Tommo, if you do a Google search for something like "Godaddy promo code," you can probably find a coupon out there for I think $7.95 .com registration with Godaddy. I'm trying to think what the other fee might be. Did you be sure to select 1 year on the term? I think the default that it does it 2 year registration. Also, if you want private registration, that does cost extra.