Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Windows 7 Start up Repair

Runda20

My Windows 7 machine crashes then reboots saying "Windows could not start" and auto runs Windows Start up repair Which fails to solve the problem, it says it is a corrupt file in the System 32 folder, I have started in safe mode and it crashed while loading a system 32 file, I have restored the computer back to the Factory State. Thanks in advance, I will be watching this ;)

Yea, more then likely whatever happen(most likely it didn't shutdown completely) then your recovery files are corrupted and won't work. So if you have another computer, I am assuming so because you posting, burn another win7 install disk and format.

hmm if you boot into your repair partition, do you have the option to run commandline?

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows

where d: is your system directory... it depends...

System restore can help depending on how much modification has taken place.

imo, it may help! =D

SFC tracks protected files only (i.e. most crucial Windows files).

Edited by enigma#
he mentioned he had no disk...

At this point I typically unplug everything from the main computer box, open the closet door and try for a fieldgoal. I'm 5-1 so far.

My last computer I purchased at cyberpowerpc.com, recommended from someone on here and its still working great.

(Thanks Terry)

You cannot just copy the C: drive from your current system to the one that has a problem. You need a windows 7 disk and know what the fuck you're doing or how to read instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

At this point I typically unplug everything from the main computer box, open the closet door and try for a fieldgoal. I'm 5-1 so far.

My last computer I purchased at cyberpowerpc.com, recommended from someone on here and its still working great.

(Thanks Terry)

hahahaha....good to hear grizzly

Well I guess I will call Dell support or just leave it and take the RAM and stuff from it for other stuff...

I doubt dell is going to walk you through re-installing an o/s. If it IS a dell they have a built in restore function to restore back to factory.