Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

HELP ME!

hyeroller

Yeah, that's weird cos a while back that was happening to me; I'd type something out but even though everyone saw my message I couldn't. Like some messages I could see and some I couldn't. It was a real pain but it seems now that it's just fixed itself.

Try verifying integrity of game cache and defraging cache files; I don't know if that will fix it but it's worth a shot.

EDIT:

And I forgot to mention: that happened to me on CS:S on the Jailbreak and Minigames servers.

What game/s and server/s is this happening on?

As far as I know gag is still broken,

there is a file called chatscheme.res, which actually controls a lot of your chatbox (which is what I'm guessin' is the problem).

I think it's usually located in the root of your game folder (not sure :/ ).

I'd say do what Angel said to do. You could also delete it (make sure to have backup copy) and see if CSS will rebuild it (not 100% sure either on that one)

Do the verification of the game cache, the defrag of the files, then try again. If it doesn't work, try re-installing the game. If THAT doesn't work, I've got my own strategy:

1. Find the Counter Strike: Source folder and delete EVERYTHING inside of it.

2. Uninstall the game from your Steam list

3. Re-install the game

4. Verify integrity of the game cache

5. Defrag the game files

This should solve your problems. If not, I don't know what else you can do.