Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I don't usually do this, but google didn't work. (teamspeak problems)

Rick

Well ever since I installed the update today, all of my sound on teamspeak seems very blurred and quiet, also unintelligible. I've tried changing my playback methods and every option brings up the same poor sound quality.

My ts was working fine before I installed this update, now the sound is distorted for some odd reason..

Anyone else having a similar problem / know how to fix it?

I'd also like to know if I try an older version of ts, would that work with our server? Thanks..

Again sorry to create a thread here but google did not provide me with the answers i needed this time..

In the teamspeak settings, I went through and tested all of the playback modes and devices, It all played through my headset with the same problematic quality I've had.

None of my playback modes or devices have disappeared from the list of available ones since the update, the one that was working fine is still there. However it still has this problem.

I have tried adjusting the voice volume and soundpack options by the way.

And to bring up another point someone made, it isn't because of a server lag causing distortion, I have tested it while not connected to a server.

hmm

try this, check the settings of your audio device and make sure it's something like this

wsd-sync-001.png

not 100% sure on this one, it's quite interesting. If you have another audio device to test it with (Such as another headset), we can verify it's the headset, not the application...

tried that, i have the exact same setting.

also i tried with my monitor speakers, some old dell speakers, and with another headset

the sound is the same

by the way, in case you didn't know. This problem only happens on ts since the 3.0.0 update. All sound/music outside the application is normal

possibly if there was a link to an older teamspeak download, the previous version. I'll have to look it up when i get some time

I'm pretty sure someone (incl me) has it lying around somewhere.

You can always try reinstalling TeamSpeak

Thanks, if you do come across it let me know.

Also I've reinstalled teamspeak about 5 times now. tried both 32 and 64bit (i use 64bit as I'm on a 64bit os)

Anyways thanks for your time and suggestions so far. You've been very efficient in trying to assist me

so upon reinstalling rc1, the previous version, with the EXACT SAME settings i used on 3.0.0, everything works the way it should, and the sound is perfect...

As for why this happens only with 3.0.0 (released today), I have no clue. However, my problem is fixed, just don't update teamspeak :P. As that's not really an ideal solution, I'm still happy to know that my ts sound is back to normal.

Anyone else who comes across this bug ONLY after you've updated your client, try rolling back one version to see if it fixes it. That is the only solution we have currently.

Thank you very much enigma, you've been very helpful to me.