Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

FATAL ERROR RENDER Amnesia

Runda20

So I get this

fatal_error.png

I have a Windows 7 64 bit Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset 4GB RAM

And yeah Game is Amnesia as it says in title I HAVE updated all my drivers and changing resolutions, I read that Intel card things dont work with this soo yeah help is nice TY :D

Edited by enigma#

1. Get a dedicated video card

1.3 Users of Intel graphics cards

Using the most recent drivers a few Intel cards should be able to run the game. If it is not working for you, then try and download the official drivers (from Intel's website), uninstall the current drivers and use the new ones. The problem is that some specific drivers (provided for example by the laptop manufacturer) might be outdated and you need to use the ones directly from Intel to get the latest.

That said, there are still plenty of cards that will not work, so even if you do it like above, it is not far from sure that it will get Amnesia running.

2. If you believe it should still work, you can try a few things

a) Wipe out the settings

from

2. Reset settings and reboot

Sometimes changes you have made does not work on your computer, do fix this you need to reset the settings. Go to the game's save directory and then Main or MainDemo (depending on what u are playing) and remove the main_settings.cfg file. Then reboot the computer (at least Windows should do this!). Then finally start the game from launcher without changing anything. If all works, then you can exit the game and carefully change a few settings at a time.

The save directories are the following:

Windows: "My Documents/Amnesia/"

B) Lower your resolution and settings

2. Disable performance demanding features.

Some of the features exposed are extremely demanding and only added because it was fun to do so. Here is a (sort of) ordered list of the most performance heavy things in the game.

- SSAO Quality. Having this to anything but medium is at own risk. High takes 4 times the time to rendered and should not be on unless you have a monster of a computer.

- SSAO Samples: Keep this at 16 if you want to keep your sanity. Anything else is very demanding. Feel free to try though smile.gif

- Edge smoothing: This is basically faked FSAA and comes at a high memory cost. It will also run quite slow on most cards. Should give a good boost if disabled.

- World reflection: A few levels has full world reflection which can be quite heavy on some cards. Check first and disable if needed though as world reflection looks very pretty! Note: If removing world refection helps a lot, consider first turning down ssao settings before turning off world reflection.

- Shadow Quality: Put this to Low for a large boost in fps, but less smooth shadows. Medium should almost have as good quality as high, so if u want to give a little boost, setting from high to medium is a good option.

- SSAO on/off: For older cards, turning off ssao can increase a bit in performance. Make sure to turn up gamma a bit though as it having it off makes the sceen brighter. Also note that some older cards might almost freeze if ssao is on (due to shaders running in software)

- Shadow Resolution: Setting this to medium might speed up older cards.

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html