Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

BooT is in a panic.

BooT

I tried dialing 911, but they were no help on this issue. SO! I have come to you guys in hope to solve this issue before the legendary release date of Battlefield 3 as I am getting on the PC and I have my doubts on how well it will run on my computer.

SO! I downloaded the Beta today and it has been a shitstorm ever since.

I get into a game and then am restricted to very slow movement, and very slow everything else. I lag worse than Osama's warning system.

I can move a few steps forward and what not and fire off my gun a few times, but it is really friggen slow.

I really want to get this cleared up before the legendary release date of Battlefield 3.

Things that I think effect the gameplay would be the following:

My amazingly-awesome(sarcasm) ATI Raedon 4200 integrated graphics driver-shit-thing.

[spoiler=Whatever this shit is for.]---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4200

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9710)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9710&SUBSYS_2AB1103C&REV_00

Display Memory: 2940 MB

Dedicated Memory: 252 MB

Shared Memory: 2687 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: HP 2311 Series Wide LCD Monitor

Monitor Model: HP 2311

Monitor Id: HWP293B

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

[spoiler=more PC specs] Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: p6751c

BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/22/11 14:31:33 Ver: 6.06

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 830 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 5888MB RAM

Page File: 2755MB used, 9016MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

And so yeah, please help me out guys?

Edited by BooT

Sir, I regret to inform you that your current PC specs are not supported to run BF3. You would, at the least, need to buy a new video card.

Minimum System Requirements

OS

Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) 32-bit

PROCESSOR

2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)

MEMORY

2 GB

HARD DRIVE

20 GB

GRAPHICS CARD (AMD)

DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)

GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA)

DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)

SOUND CARD

DirectX Compatible

KEYBOARD AND MOUSE

DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements

OS

Windows 7 64-bit

PROCESSOR

Quad-core CPU

MEMORY

4 GB

HARD DRIVE

20 GB

GRAPHICS CARD

DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)

SOUND CARD

DirectX Compatible

Damn, forreal? I will have to sell a few things to get a decent card, but I need to know what type of adapter I have. I have some experience in looking at a computer but not as far as knowing what each bay type is. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and upload it so that you could see what it looks like.

I used to have a card for my old processor but it didn't fit into this new computer so that is why I am hesitant to just go out and by a card.

Damn, forreal? I will have to sell a few things to get a decent card, but I need to know what type of adapter I have. I have some experience in looking at a computer but not as far as knowing what each bay type is. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and upload it so that you could see what it looks like.

I used to have a card for my old processor but it didn't fit into this new computer so that is why I am hesitant to just go out and by a card.

Your CPU and memory is pretty good. According to HP's site, you have a 16x PCI-E slot for videocards. Any modern card will work, something around 150-200$ will get you a good card and should not blow up the power supply in your computer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02743409&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5090672#N302

BooT your set-up = Total Fail (no-offence)

Not really, retard.

BooT your set-up = Total Fail (no-offence)

He got a prebuilt HP? Those specs are great compared to my old HP.

As long as you have room in your case for a decent card you should be able to run it without any problems. The only thing is those hp cases really suck for airflow. If your going to upgrade the video card get a program like RivaTuner so you can monitor the temp levels. If its getting really hot might want to eventually get a better case. you can get a decent one for around $60

Alright guys! Now onto the next step of this process.

I finally got some money to spend towards upgrading my computer, however I don't know where to shop to get the best parts for my computer.

I just need a decent power supply and a decent video card, both that would be decent enough to work with Battlefield 3.

Anybody know a decent website that would sell these things cheap or at a reasonable price?

I only have an hour to figure this out guys. I really need help.

All I understand is that I need a PCI-Express card. However I don't know if the cards I am looking at would meet the standards.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/XFX+-+ATI+Radeon+HD+6770+1GB+DDR5+PCI+Express+2.1+Graphics+Card/2293037.p?id=1218320074686&skuId=2293037 - one i will probably pick up

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/VisionTek+-+AMD+Radeon+HD+6750+1GB+GDDR5+PCI+Express+2.1+Graphics+Card/3197059.p?id=1218384143116&skuId=3197059

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/XFX+-+ATI+Radeon+HD+6750+1GB+DDR5+PCI+Express+2.1+Graphics+Card/2292648.p?id=1218325540790&skuId=2292648&st=radeon%20hd%206750&cp=1&lp=1

Nevermind on the rush order shit, I am leaving for the store in 10 minutes. If anyone could comment on the cards listed above, that'd be great.

Here is the power supply that I plan on getting.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair+-+Gaming+Series+700-Watt+ATX+CPU+Power+Supply/1073697.p?id=1218217267616&skuId=1073697&st=corsair&cp=1&lp=4

Edited by BooT

Alright! Sorry for posting so much in this thread, but everything is still unresolved.

I ended up buying that power supply from the Corsair brand and it did not work because it did not have the right connectors. So, I need to figure out a power supply that would work with my motherboard and would have the appropriate connectors needed to give power throughout my computer.

Right now my computer is taken apart in my room and I go back to the store tomorrow. Any ideas guys?

Alright! Sorry for posting so much in this thread, but everything is still unresolved.

I ended up buying that power supply from the Corsair brand and it did not work because it did not have the right connectors. So, I need to figure out a power supply that would work with my motherboard and would have the appropriate connectors needed to give power throughout my computer.

Right now my computer is taken apart in my room and I go back to the store tomorrow. Any ideas guys?

You're not gonna find a better PSU that works in that HP case at best buy...how does it not have the right connectors?

Never mind Terry! I figured it out this morning!

The 8-slot connector adapted into a 4-slot connector and that caused it to work. I have power to everything again.

It was a rookie mistake. Shoulda read the box in the first place. xD

Edited by BooT