Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

missing map, disconnecting

kimzy

Ok so sometimes when fe I want to join a bhop server I get this message saying "missing map maps/xxxx , disconnecting".

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039372901/screenshot/560921086984076262

I asked a few people about this and they always say "go to gamebanana download the map there."

But HG bhop has been on this "bhop_red_overload.bsp" map since yesterday and I just can't find it online.

Also since I did not have this problem on my desktop I guess there must be a decent way to fix it instead of just dl'ing my maps manually from gamebanana?

My cs:s does download most maps when connecting if I don't have them already, it's just some maps, like this bhop map, and some bomb map called cross strike or something (I fixed that by manually downloading)...

This might be a stupid question but I'm a complete nub so to me this is a huge problem :3

Found an old thread about this problem Diamelo once posted but no one ever really replied to that so yea..

( https://hellsgamers.com/threads/40793-MG-Map-not-downloading.?highlight=missing+map )

Someone please be nice and help me :offensivesmilie:

Hey Kimzy, I saw your thread about missing maps and I found this site that seems to have a lot of Bhop maps to download off it, including the one that wouldn't download for you.

This is all I have to offer since I don't know how to fix the maps auto-downloading upon connection to the server problem.

Hope this helps :)

__

All map files (.bsp and .ztmp) should go in this directory:

~Program Files\Steam\steamapps\youraccountname\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps

Said conversation and link that I sent to Kimzy :)