Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Trying to build a new desktop, help me revise please.

JigSaw

This is my list of parts that I am buying and if anyone with a good bit of intellect on building computers would help me revise/ make sure this list is correct with all the other parts and pieces I would be very happy. Thank you for reading this.

post-9145-13525954901993_thumb.jpg

Ok...first off the motherboard you have there is wrong. Its a socket FM1 and for that processor you need an am3 socket motherboard.

As for the monitor its nice but it is not great for gaming. You want one with 2ms response time instead of 5.

I'd grab a different set of ram...haven't heard great things about visiontek, could be wrong though.

and i'd grab a different power supply aswell. you can at least get a 600 watt for $50

also are you getting a video card or do you already have one?

Ok...first off the motherboard you have there is wrong. Its a socket FM1 and for that processor you need an am3 socket motherboard.

As for the monitor its nice but it is not great for gaming. You want one with 2ms response time instead of 5.

I'd grab a different set of ram...haven't heard great things about visiontek, could be wrong though.

and i'd grab a different power supply aswell. you can at least get a 600 watt for $50

also are you getting a video card or do you already have one?

• Correct on the motherboard
  • The monitor is fine, you don't need 2MS response
  • The PSU is fine as well, you will NOT get a quality 600 watt PSU for 50$
  • He does not need motherboard

Change the hard drive from a 5900 RPM to a 7200, you will regret having one that slow as your main drive.

What is your budget? Do you have to buy from tiger direct?