Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Will it work? lol?

50 Cal

I recently found my old Sager laptop, when i say old i mean parallel port in the back, with a floppy drive on the side. Anyways, the laptop has windows 98 on it, and doesn't run other internet browsers and doesn't surf well, all of which im aware of because of its age, but then i thought, im gonna put ubuntu on it! So have loaded Ubuntu on a CD and i am currently installing it. So do you think it will run faster or not, The CPU is a intel pentium, running at a whomping 1.5 GHZ, and it has 1 GB of ram, am i alittle too excited that this might work? yes i am.

I recently found my old Sager laptop, when i say old i mean parallel port in the back, with a floppy drive on the side. Anyways, the laptop has windows 98 on it, and doesn't run other internet browsers and doesn't surf well, all of which im aware of because of its age, but then i thought, im gonna put ubuntu on it! So have loaded Ubuntu on a CD and i am currently installing it. So do you think it will run faster or not, The CPU is a intel pentium, running at a whomping 1.5 GHZ, and it has 1 GB of ram, am i alittle too excited that this might work? yes i am.

Chances are , it'll run faster than windows 98 (depending on the fragmentation and junk that is installed).

You can always have GRUB dual boot ^.^