Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Resolution issues, AMD RADEON drivers.

BooT

Alright so I picked up BF3 a few hours ago and I went to run it but it said I was still on AMD Raedon drivers 11.2 and that I need to be on at least 11.7, which it will only let me download 11.9.

HOWEVER, with 11.9 installed, my desktop resolution is SHIT. I don't know what happened and why this change has occurred.

My resolution was fine before this 11.9 update, however it's necessary in order to play BF3, so I would really like to figure this shit out.

If anybody knows what to do, PLEASE help me out here.

I think I found the issue.....you are using a Raedon card.

:pepper:

I've spelled it wrong for the 4 years I've been using the brand name of cards. xD

And I have tried setting the resolution back, but it keeps messing up. :\ Whenever I try to activate the 1080p settings, it enlarges the desktop too much and makes it look terrible. At 1000p it takes away a decent amount of my desktop.

I've spelled it wrong for the 4 years I've been using the brand name of cards. xD

And I have tried setting the resolution back, but it keeps messing up. :\ Whenever I try to activate the 1080p settings, it enlarges the desktop too much and makes it look terrible. At 1000p it takes away a decent amount of my desktop.

lol yeah you spelled it wrong, but I was more bashing the Radeon brand in general.

lol yeah you spelled it wrong, but I was more bashing the Radeon brand in general.

Oh. HELL NO. I love the brand. :P

I've never had this issue before but my computer insists on making my life a living hell until it finally wants to play Battlefield 3.

Did you install Catalyst Control Center and the Vision Engine?

Try uninstalling ALL of the drivers and download just the video drivers (allow Windows to control resolution etc...)

Apparently (not sure if true), for some graphics card combinations causes issues. I don't have an AMD card myself so can't test this -.-