Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Question about Ping

Rim

Hello. Just wanted to ask whether or not we, as Admin, should be concerned about other players Ping. I've recently been playing on the 24/7 Office DM server and had a few players come in with between 300 and 600 ping. I watched for a while and it didn't reduce. I personally don't know if a client's ping effects the whole server, but we did experience a bit of lag during the time that these players were in the server and most of the other players complained a bit. I also understand that the servers have an auto-kick feature for high ping, but it wasn't responding with these individuals, not sure if it didn't meet the threshold, or if their ping was caused by background programs or whatever. Anyway, please provide any guidance that you can. Thanks!

I personally don't know if a client's ping effects the whole server, but we did experience a bit of lag during the time that these players were in the server and most of the other players complained a bit.

No it doesn't to a significant degree. You might have trouble hitting them at most.

As well, Ping =/= Latency always.

Thx KIGEN :D