Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Headset Microphone Problems

Le Flame

Hi, for about a week now, I've been experiencing problems with my built in microphone on my headset. It worked fine at first, however now, when plugged into the microphone jack, it does not record my voice, but instead it plays the output sound, for example, if I'm listening to music, I will hear it on my headphones, and if I use my sound recorder(the one that comes standard with windows 7), the clip will play back to me the music I was listening to and other system sounds as well, including the sound you get when you adjust the sound. I'm running Windows 7 and I'm not really sure what other information is necessary but feel free to ask as I'd like to get this sorted out ASAP. Right now I'm ok with using my built in laptop mic, however it is worse in quality and tends to pick up a lot of background noise.

Thanks in advance,

Flame

Sounds like the audio path is going through another source it shouldn't be.

Check under 'Recording devices', it should be set by default as 'Mic in at front panel'/'Mic in at back panel' (depending on what chipset and location of your plugin).

If you have it set to 'Stereo Mix', that's probably your issue.

The more unlikely possibility is that you have audio path going to your microphone and your headset. If you double click on your audio device under 'Recording Devices', you'll see a tab called 'Listen'. Make sure it is disabled and uncheck 'Listen to this device'.

A screenshot of how your audio devices are set in Windows will probably help a lot more.

The screenshot is with the microphone plugged in, it doesn't seem to change at all whether the microphone is plugged in or not, it still says Realtek High Definition Audio, but it never changed before either. No idea if this is what you were looking for,but I've also noticed that the realtek popup saying I've plugged a device into the jack everything I plug in my microphone is gone now.

http://i.imgur.com/1v1uG.png