Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Looking for Headset

Toxygen

The Razer Megalodon 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset is what I use and is so good, I always recommend it to anyone looking for a headset for gaming. The 7.1 Surround Sound is amazing along with the in-built mic as well. Audio and mic volumes and sensitivity are easily customizable.

Here's the link to it on their US site: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169420200

$149.99 USD.

You could probably find it cheaper if you looked around.

Logitech G930 is what i use. 7.1 surround sound. Wireless. Perfect if you have iTunes on your computer and have to go afk or something. Sound is good for like 30-40 feet from your computer i believe. 3 keys on the side of the headphones that you can program. I have them set as iTunes (you can set up multiple profiles and change them in your settings) for prev track-play/pause-next track. Good for playing a game cause you can control your iTunes from there also from when you are walking around your house. Built in Mic that gets muted when upright and has a mute button. Volume control also on side of headphones. About 10 hours of batter life. you can also use it plug'd into your charger from the computer. I like it because I don't have to deal with the cord being pulled out or yanked on by my chair or anything.

http://www.logitech.com/gaming/headsets/devices/7248

Logitech G930 is what i use. 7.1 surround sound. Wireless. Perfect if you have iTunes on your computer and have to go afk or something. Sound is good for like 30-40 feet from your computer i believe. 3 keys on the side of the headphones that you can program. I have them set as iTunes (you can set up multiple profiles and change them in your settings) for prev track-play/pause-next track. Good for playing a game cause you can control your iTunes from there also from when you are walking around your house. Built in Mic that gets muted when upright and has a mute button. Volume control also on side of headphones. About 10 hours of batter life. you can also use it plug'd into your charger from the computer. I like it because I don't have to deal with the cord being pulled out or yanked on by my chair or anything.

http://www.logitech.com/gaming/headsets/devices/7248

Can vouch for most of that

You can also bind talking to the G keys on the side (there are a few scripts available to help you with that)

I get about 12 hours if in a day (assuming I play that time length). Personal opinion though about it, the 7.1 isn't that great.

I know there are plenty of Steelseries, Razer, Logitech (yes even other) headsets that would give you the same quality of SS for around or less the same price. I don't know, that's from have a Sennheiser and a Creative headset.

I think it'd be best to try some of these brands, if your store has a return policy, pick one you think will work out best for you (comfort-wise) and work your way up (Since you can return it, don't mind the asian in me -.-)