Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

To all Garrys Mod players - UPDATED 27DEC

Guest yaboui

As the server has picked up lately on players quite a few rule breakers have joined the server, causing problems. Getting to the point a lot of players decide to kill the rule breaker instead of just telling a admin using /ooc or /pm, of course its a different story if there are no admins online. But killing rule breakers can ruin ban reports as they could be recording the rule breaker so please if you see a rule breaker tell a admin, killing him/her should be one of the last options.

Another problem is players putting up ban reports and instead of putting the STEAMID they decide to just say "On SourceBans", a few problems can occur from doing this.

• When looking to unban a player finding the STEAMID to find out what the player has done could be a problem.
  • If you have put up multiple ban reports it could cause a problem when finding out who needs to be banned for what time.

--- UPDATE 27 DECEMBER 2011 ---

Another problem has come up with some payed admins cleaning up the server by accident (!cleanup). This does happen occasionally and if you do manage to do so please tell a divisional adviser+ as soon as possible afterwards, as the doors around the map can glitch and cause MASSIVE problems.

But as well as that we are having problems with players creating single ban report threads with multiple rule breakers, if you have more then one rule breaker in a demo please still create separate ban reports for each rule breaker.

Confirmed these with Rizon.

Edited by Vao

Another problem is players putting up ban reports and instead of putting the STEAMID they decide to just say "On SourceBans", a few problems can occur from doing this.

yah, thanks for telling me about this and fixing it <3 And yeh, alot of rule breakers lately, like 3 spawn blockers today allready, and as my admin isnt working I CANT DO SHIT :cry:

there was a problem on the dark rp server once with a prop killer/ minge bag killing everyone and ruining the game. for some reason, it took us 45 minutes to an hour to get an admin in to ban him.

im sorry to hear that :(

i try to be on as much as i can :) (since im an admin)

But if an admin isn't available, please make a ban report and our staff will be happy to ban him.

EDIT: just realized this thread is old XD

Guest Aamonkey1

lol pilpest. yea totaly agree with what you said. Also, you might want to add any threats to harm the HG servers should be instantly banned. There has already been one case of this that happened today.

We are aware of this, and our Gmod Advisors are pretty much 24/7, and with ban reports I am always on it like a hound dog no matter the hour... but sometimes I get sidetracked with my woman and etc... and forget to check... Thats normally during the hours of 7am-3pm EST.

there was a problem on the dark rp server once with a prop killer/ minge bag killing everyone and ruining the game. for some reason, it took us 45 minutes to an hour to get an admin in to ban him.

Add me and some other admins on steam and PM us if there's a problem. Posting threads wont make them leave the server and the problem remains. You should still do so tho, to keep them banned. Yesterday I got like 3 PMs at the same time about a spawn blocker while I was in the middle of a ranked LoL game xd