Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

what is the best recording software for in-game?

BooT

I have been using Fraps to record myself gaming on my computer, but it lags sometimes and kinda pisses me off.

I want to have a fast-working recorder so that I can contribute videos to my channel on Youtube.

So are there any experts out there? :P

I guess it really depends what kind of games you're playing.

Fraps is amazing for games which doesn't require a powerful pc (Emulator games, minecraft etc. are great for fraps)

But with games like mw3, bf3, etc. i don't really know =/

Yeah, Battlefield 3 is the main game I am looking to record here. That and Skyrim.

in your case i'd say use PlayClaw

Game Video and Stills Without Slowdown - with PlayClaw!

PlayClaw is a very useful tool for almost every game player and a "must-have" tool for hardcore gamers.

For showing off slick new tricks or proving you really can take down The Boss with one shot, nothing shows it better than video. Until PlayClaw nothing worked too good with modern games, because cutting edge games try to hog every ounce of your PC's power, leaving little available to other applications. This results in choppy video, distorted still shots or massive bitmap files.

Capture all modern game graphics

Be it OpenGL, DirectX 8,9,10 or 11, if your machine can run the game well you can now capture it all with virtually no hit to the frame-rate or action, even at full resolution video! You can also adjust the size for making smaller files. PlayClaw is good game video recording alternative.

Online gaming

It gets better! PlayClaw can also show you various set of screen overlays. The most important overlays are Teamspeak overlay and Ventrilo overlay. PlayClaw will show you who's speaking in games using Ventrilo or Teamspeak, making teamwork work better! Our overlays are fully compatible with the latest versions Windows and graphics engines. So if your game runs in Windows 7 with DirectX 11 graphics, it's not a problem!

At A Glance:

• Capture screenshots, capture game video with optional recording game audio
  • Adjustable video recording frame rate and file sizes
  • Output in multiple formats
  • Various helpful overlays: Ventrilo/Teamspeak overlays, performance overlays, video recording statistics, GPU and CPU thermal sensors
  • New! Pre-record feature
  • New! Multisource audio recording
  • New! Ingame benchmarks
  • No slowdown with multicore CPUs
  • Plays nice with Vista and Win7

Bandicam is really good, it has several rendering options designed specifically for youtube, even 1080p.

The advantage of bandicam is it renders the video while you record, so the recorded video is uploadable content for youtube. Not some 22 gigabyte video for 6 minutes.

I used fraps for 5 years and recently switched to bandicam, I never want to go back :)

Well thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried using Bandicam before but I got really confused and never really tried using it in game. Maybe I will try that again.

As for PlayClaw, you have to pay for it and I am not down for that.

Also Fraps pisses me off royally still.