Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

issues with Chrome

BooT

i've been having issues with Chrome and the bbcode thingies. whenever i highlight something to bold it, instead of it wrapping around the word like: [b.]highlightedword[/b] it shows up like: [b.][/b]highlightedword. anyone know a fix? or do I have to switch back to Firefox because Chrome is bunking out on me?

NOTE: the . is just there so that it doesn't bold the word.

go to (on hellsgamers.com)

settings -> general settings

What is the below listed as? (You need to scroll down)

Miscellaneous Options

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Basic Editor - A simple text box

Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

I have Chromium, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 (9) here at work and at all. All them seem to work fine for me. I think it may have to do with the setting above, you might want to play around with it.

Finally, flush out your cache!

go to (on hellsgamers.com)

settings -> general settings

What is the below listed as? (You need to scroll down)

Miscellaneous Options

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Basic Editor - A simple text box

Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

I have Chromium, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 (9) here at work and at all. All them seem to work fine for me. I think it may have to do with the setting above, you might want to play around with it.

Finally, flush out your cache!

It isn't only happening on HellsGamers though, it's on ANY website with a forum.

It was working fine a few weeks ago but then all of a sudden just stopped working correctly.