Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

unban dustypancakes

dustypancakes

ok, i call bs on ghosting and stay perm banned cause u were walling. You were not ghosting, cause u can tell when u pre-zoomed through walls.

GG.

Good demos, and good sv_cheat commands to view.

IMO He STAYS Banned! (Please Global ban also.)

IMO even if he -was- ghosting (which everyone is saying he's not, but walling), him and his clan should still be banned for ghosting. Ghosting is just as bad as walling. It's an audio indication of where players are, therefore giving them an unfair advantage against other players of the server. Isn't that pretty much the basics of why hackers are being banned?

SWAT and his clan are known ghosters of the server. Agreed with Hyper on the clan should be banned.

Everyone ghosts, just like how everyone discriminates.

We can't punish people who ghosts just like we can't punish people who discriminate other people in real life. We are unable to tell if they are doing so or not.

1. How do you know it was DustyPancakes and his clan ghosting? Maybe it was some random person on his STEAM friends that ghosted for him, like happened to be in the server too?

2. You ghost, we ghost. Stop being such a damn hypocrite..... really.

3. Brightside & Nick had this problem, and they're not banned. So please, stop trying to get SWAT and his clan banned just because you have problems with him. SWAT and his RMP clan makes up half the Office server; you rather be playing with them or nobody at all?

4. If DUSTY admits to ghosting, then ban him alone. If he's walling, then ban him alone. If you think Dusty is using "ghosting" as a coverup for walling, then ban him alone.

And Hyper, I think Cerpin wasn't here when we were informed that our accounts name were changed. We don't have to sign in with HT | anymore. Tell him just to sign in with Cerpin Taxt (or w/e his account name is).

IMO even if he -was- ghosting (which everyone is saying he's not, but walling), him and his clan should still be banned for ghosting. Ghosting is just as bad as walling. It's an audio indication of where players are, therefore giving them an unfair advantage against other players of the server. Isn't that pretty much the basics of why hackers are being banned?

SWAT and his clan are known ghosters of the server. Agreed with Hyper on the clan should be banned.

Not even close to the same thing, if I'm lanning with my buddies, I'm going to be ghosting. If someone is banned, there needs to be a demo with proof of cheating/walling not of ghosting.

True, WE can't punish people who discriminate other people in real life. But we do ban people who discriminate people on HG servers, depending on the severity of the discrimination.

-Shrugs.- Opinions change from person to person. Like I said in my previous post, why ban hackers? Because they have an unfair advantage compared to the rest of the players. Now obviously this advantage has to be reasonable for it to be bannable. ie: You're not going to ban someone because they have a better computer than someone else.

It's all based on opinions.

Edited by G.K.M.Y

No, I wasn't aware of this yesterday. Thanks for mentioning it.

I have 3 more demos in this zip file:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/15/168705/dustypancakes.zip

Although it should be obvious from the first demo I linked that he was walling, not ghosting. As before, it helps if you use mat_wireframe 1 (sv_cheats 1 must be enabled for that to work). I also run "demoui" in console to pause the demo for time to enable mat_wireframe 1, and I usually slow it down to about 75%.

For what it's worth, I think ghosting is shitty but I know its one of those things that nobody does anything about because for some strange reason the powers that be really want to drive traffic to their Ventrilo server. It's one of the main reasons you won't EVER find me on there.

-Shrugs.- Opinions change from person to person. Like I said in my previous post, why ban hackers? Because they have an unfair advantage compared to the rest of the players.

Because it aims the mouse for them,keeps them from getting flashed,makes the wall disappear, changes your recoil. That's a "unfair advantage"

Big difference between that and your friend going "hes behind that box"

Because it aims the mouse for them,keeps them from getting flashed,makes the wall disappear, changes your recoil. That's a "unfair advantage"

Big difference between that and your friend going "hes behind that box"

One thing you seem to be missing. Walling is considered hacking as well. What does walling do? It gives a player notification of where another player would be. The same applies to what ghosting does. The only "big difference" between the two is that with walling, the user can see it directly themselves, which would be a higher advantage depending on the skill level of the person ghosting for them.

Note: Radar hack does the same thing. It's hacking, and all it does is notify players of where other players are.

One thing you seem to be missing. Walling is considered hacking as well. What does walling do? It gives a player notification of where another player would be. The same applies to what ghosting does. The only "big difference" between the two is that with walling, the user can see it directly themselves, which would be a higher advantage depending on the skill level of the person ghosting for them.

Note: Radar hack does the same thing. It's hacking, and all it does is notify players of where other players are.

Are you trying to piss me off or do you seriously not understand what I'm saying?

So what you're saying is that you're gonna ban people who have friends online that help them with the game?

I agree with Terry Taco. Hacking and ghosting are two different things. Yes you have a special "advantage" over the game but hacking - you yourself are directly cheating. Ghosting- someone is relaying a message.

Yes ghosting is annoying, but you can't ban everyone that ghosts - it's just not gonna happen. Sorry.

DustyPancakes is not ghosting. He is walling.

If he's banned then this thread doesn't need to be discussed anymore.

/thread

"It was a decision that was made, I am sorry for you."

If you have any further questions please watch this video.

[YOUTUBE]C0h0F21sG3s[/YOUTUBE]