Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Add a new rule to D2DM's MOTD

Okie guys I have run into this trouble lately with players constantly block other players who opt at ct or t spawn. This has been an issue recently in D2DM, so i suggest to add the rule of not blocking or interrupting other players. They simply did not play, all they did was blocking and bugging others. So please add that rule, or if it is stated somewhere in MOTD that i am unaware of let me know, so that i can act accordingly and properly.

Just get a demo of them doing it intentionally and temporary ban them, if they return and continue then permanently ban them. We don't have to make up obvious rules like 'Don't be a douchebag'. If in fact it is intentional record a demo. If they are trying to awp and keep getting in your way we can't do anything about that. Or download hacks so you can ESP through your teammates.

yeah thats what i been doing is just recording demos of them and i usually ban them for a half hour they usually learn after that, but so far i had one guy that came back and kept doing it to me then cause i banned him. Are ppl that stupid honestly? Blocking an admin... Anyways perm banned him then for being a douchbag as swat stats lol.

I think this is a matter of do they know how to play fair alongside teammates -- not a matter of if it is allowed or not.

Blocking is not something that we should have to say "It is in the rules, so don't do it." We should respond with "Quit being a dick and find another spot if you knew he was there." Of course this is after you ask nice the first couple of times, lol.

PS: How many people actually read the MOTD? This would be a waste of time for something so minor.

Isn't there a mod that prevents this?

There is a NoBlock mod on, but, they can still block your aim and hinder vision.

NoBlock prevents physical player blocking/collisions, not blocked bullets/frags.

(Or am I mistaken?)

Edited by Moto
major edit

There is a NoBlock mod on, but, they can still block your aim and hinder vision.

NoBlock prevents physical player blocking/collisions, not blocked bullets/frags.

(Or am I mistaken?)

No your right, I miss read his post. I assumed he was referring to players where physically blocking people. No I am fairly sure NoBlock doesn't do that. However I don't think it would be that hard to code something that turned teammates see-through if your looking through the scope. Don't know how well that would work.

I think this is a matter of do they know how to play fair alongside teammates -- not a matter of if it is allowed or not.

Blocking is not something that we should have to say "It is in the rules, so don't do it." We should respond with "Quit being a dick and find another spot if you knew he was there." Of course this is after you ask nice the first couple of times, lol.

PS: How many people actually read the MOTD? This would be a waste of time for something so minor.

I don't think you would consider it minor if I followed you around and stood in front of your sight.

A nice slay will get their full attention. Then you explain, and if it persists...ban. (intentional blocking)

Can't get any easier. :)

Now someone just walking in your path is another thing. Its easier to just move and find another spot.