Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Steam Problem, Need Help Fast.

eclipse

Well recently my main computer blew out its hard disk. So im using a dell dimension 4400 with a nvidia geforce2 440 MX. Everytime i try to start a game that i downloaded on steam it gets a "dont send error report" hl2.exe. I have deleted the cache on the game, cilent blob, Launch setups, and my last resort is reinstalling. If this doesn't work i have no idea how long i will get off. Anyone know how to fix this problem?!

Well recently my main computer blew out its hard disk. So im using a dell dimension 4400 with a nvidia geforce2 440 MX. Everytime i try to start a game that i downloaded on steam it gets a "dont send error report" hl2.exe. I have deleted the cache on the game, cilent blob, Launch setups, and my last resort is reinstalling. If this doesn't work i have no idea how long i will get off. Anyone know how to fix this problem?!

First few things that you should look

1. When was the last time you've defragged?

2. A lot of those types of crashes are due to corrupt installations or when memory is corrupt, you may have to reinstall Steam but first try defragging your hard-drive.

3. If other applications are acting like this, it' may be your OS.

Start an instance of command prompt: type in

sfc /scannow . If you have Windows XP, make sure you have your disc handy.