Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Just some stuff...

HeyAlex

First off I'd like to start it with that I bought some stuff for my computer! hurray!(planned to buy these last year)

I bought these:

Steel Series 3H(sucked balls so I bought siberia V2 much more comfy..)

GTX 560 + 700W supplier(It was on a sale! both for 200$!)

Got my self a new keyboard, Razer Lycosa(normal one, mirror sucks)

Waiting for my G500 and Goliathus Control mouse pad to arrive..

Question time,

what is better in GTX 560 TI than GTX 560 non TI( Only stuff that really matter.)

If I have a 17"(think so) screen, that works with maximum resolution of 1280x1024, will I be able to play on the following games on High or atleast Medium smoothly with no fps drops or fps lower then 50 if my major parts are these, Intel Core 2 Q8400,GTX 560,4GB Ram, running on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit(Couldn't get the 64bit one)

Games are(Important ones are bold with underline):

BattleField 3

Metro 2033

Dead Island

Darkness 2

Counter Strike Source- I know this is stupid to ask but I'm currently using 9500GT and the GTX 560 gets installed only next week but, when I play CSS right now I have 80-100fps and it doesn't run smoothly on the screen, it looks like there are small drops every few seconds from like 100fps to 10fps for a milli second it is just disturbing to watch in the eye..

Btw planning to get a new motherboard and i7 next year :] and for those who really care about grammer, sorry if I made any mistakes :] not my native language.

Edited by HeyAlex

The GeForce GTX 560 Ti is pitted against AMD's Radeon HD 6950 1 GB. So, this new product(the non-TI) is destined to do battle with the slightly cheaper Radeon HD 6870, a card that exists for roughly $200 online.

Nvidia disables a single Streaming Multiprocessor (SM). The GeForce GTX 560 operates using seven of GF114's eight SMs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-amp-edition-gtx-560-directcu-ii-top,2944.html

Overclocking could probably unlock that locked SM but I'm not into heating up parts unnecessarily so I don't know much about OCing.

It would also void any warranty. When you buy, ask yourself: Will this part still be good in 5 years. If the answer is no I would try and save for something better.

The thing is, you still didn't answer the other questions,

though I only need it to be good for about 3 years, because then, I will finish school and I wont play as much as I play right now, so I want 3 years of really good fun, even though the diffrence is that I coudl've bought GTX 560 TI and 550w for about 300-400$(price in my country)

so I rather get this deal :l

Please answer the other questions about the 1280x1024 graphics on high, will it run smoothly or not?(Smoothly means a minimum of 50 fps)

The thing is, you still didn't answer the other questions,

though I only need it to be good for about 3 years, because then, I will finish school and I wont play as much as I play right now, so I want 3 years of really good fun, even though the diffrence is that I coudl've bought GTX 560 TI and 550w for about 300-400$(price in my country)

so I rather get this deal :l

Please answer the other questions about the 1280x1024 graphics on high, will it run smoothly or not?(Smoothly means a minimum of 50 fps)

depends on the game. If its some of the source games like CSS/Gmod or possible CS:GO then it will run smoothly but stuff thats crazy about its graphics like Mass Effect seiries or Battlefield 3 i cant give any promisses

i read the benchmarks for the Video Card and saw that Metro2033 hit 100 fps in 1280x1024 on very high so im sure it will run smoothly on other games but still no promises

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-amp-edition-gtx-560-directcu-ii-top,2944-8.html

Edited by ExGBrian

The GTX 560Ti will do you good for quite a bit of time. Good pick for the power supply and the card for $200 dollars. At 1280x1024, you are completely fine at playing most games at high or better settings. My GTX 460 can easily run BF3 at 1080p on high (with some settings on ultra) at a good 60-70 fps, which is perfect for a 60hz monitor.