Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New AMD CPU's!

ExGBrian

In my opinion I dont see how the FX chipset series was a failure. My framerate on all my games are fantastic, if not better than when I had my Core i5 760.

This is why it was a failure.

The processor does well with multi-threaded workloads, other than that it lacks performance while gaming.

post-3486-13525955071284_thumb.jpg

This is why it was a failure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6390[/ATTACH]

The processor does well with multi-threaded workloads, other than that it lacks performance while gaming.

But part of my point is an AMD FX 4100 =$120 While an i5 equaliviant =$200-220. In my opinion, I think the average buyer would take the 4100.

But part of my point is an AMD FX 4100 =$120 While an i5 equaliviant =$200-220. In my opinion, I think the average buyer would take the 4100.

Exactly, average is the only customer AMD can really fulfill now. It was a huge disappointment to see that an 8 core(bulldozer) AMD processor can be beaten by an equal cost quad core i5 as far as gaming goes.

AMD needs to step it up, something that can surpass the phenom would be nice