Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What's the story behind your name?

Goat

There are plenty of people in the community and each with a unique name that has some kind of story behind it. What does yours mean? I'll start off with my explanation...

One day before playing CS:S for the third or fourth time, I was watching the movie doom. All of the crew had certain nicknames and goat was one of them along with reaper and a couple others. I have no clue why the name stuck out so much. I had chosen some other names before but none seemed to stick. I always found myself thinking of a name after I just chose one. I finally decided to choose a name that would stay with me forever. I didn't even have to think twice about it, my name would be Goat. So, here I sit with the same name I vowed to never change a couple years ago and it's stuck so far :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew a lot of people with usernames like "imtehp00nr00834" and at the time 3 character username's seemed pretty cool, so i just found a 3 letter combination which sounded good and went with it.

British people feel a strong prejudice against anyone named Lazarus, so I chose it as my name to spite them.

Not really...

My name came out of my "story" as a bboy during high school. I stopped breaking after 9th grade because I started putting on a lot of weight. During my senior year I got back into it meanwhile shredding ~30 pounds over 4 months. The idea of rebirth as a person and a dancer spoke to me, so I adopted the name of one of the most iconic figures related to that concept: the New Testament's Lazarus. I took on the name BBoy Lazarus and that stuck with me when I started gaming on the regular.

Coincidentally, Lazarus is also widely considered one of the better friends of Jesus, and HG | Jesus ! and I go back like cornrows.

I was tired of having the same username for about 6 years, Sanjuro. So I said fuck it and brainstormed.

At the time, me and my IRL friends would invite tons of people from previous CoD games to parties on XBOX360 and then we would do the "Shape of Italy" thing.

Once I started hanging around everyone, it just kinda stuck.

When I was going to join HG, I was going to try and enter as Mr. Sentry because I was obsessed with Engineers on TF2. Still am. :P

But BooT worked for me.