Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

which ipad should i buy?

loncce

In regards to your first question "which generation ipad was better"?

The answer to most are: the first generation

due to a few factors

1. Retina display (nice display!)

2. Upgraded processor (good for people who like to play games on their ipads)

3. upgraded webcam

4. Double the memory

5. "4G" LTE connectviity

In regards to your second question

You need to assess that on a personal basis

What do you plan to do with it?

Do you need a 4G connectivity or is WiFi okay?

I heard on the news the other morning Apple is refunding everyone's money for the iPad 3 w/ 4G because the battery life was significantly lower than advertised. My sister has an iPad 2 and she loves it to death, as far as pros and cons, I'm not a big apple fan so I can't help you there.

This is my opinion, buy do whatever is best for your situaton.

If you are purchasing a product that is going to be replaced by a newer, better, faster, and improved version within the next year, always get the newest/latest model. If you buy the iPad 2, within a years time (when the iPad 4/iPad whatever is released) you will be sitting with 2 year old technology. Another problem is compatibility, Applications will become more advanced, more power hungry and within a few years you will be left with a message "This application is incompatible with this iPad.". Software will also get more advanced, needing more power - Apple will eventually drop iOS Updates for the iPad 2.

The real problem is money, if you have the money to spare - get the newer version - if you don't have the money and can only afford the iPad 2, go for it. A word of warning, whatever you do don't get the first generation iPad.

Are you planning on storing lots of games, movies, pictures and or music? If so, you will need one with more capacity.

If you just plan to browse the web and keep small amounts of media the 16gb will be fine. Do you plan on only using it

in a WIFI zone when you want to access the web or might you be traveling around in nonWIFI areas? Keep in mind just cause you

have the 4g or 3g Ipad does not mean that you have to pay for it every month if you decide not to use it. It's a no contract, pay as you go, kind of plan. I know people that always get the devices that are capable of getting connection just for the peace of mind of knowing they

can turn it on whenever they please, even if they never use it.

I have the ipad 2 (white) and its never let me down. If I fully charge it, I can run it for like, 2-3 days non stop (youtube/games). I don't know much about the differences but I've had since release and battery life hasn't faltered or anything. So I would suggest ipad2 just because of how well done it is, but I really couldn't put in a word about the other ipads.