Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Video Card Fan just melted i think...

silentdeath631

So I have the shittiest video card ever --> Nvidea 7600 GS and it runs what I want to run gmod,css, etc. Last summer, the fan started making a grinding "wet" noise... I soon opened the case and saw that the fan is wobbly and pops right off (not sure if that's normal/feels like its held on by a magnet.) Will I need to buy a new video card, because now the fan wont even spin XD it just gets stuck in an awkward position. I'm really surprised the card hasn't died. But can anyone give me a cheap PCI-EX x16 card comparable to the 7600 GS? I have a 7800 GTX or whatever it's called. But its in Florida not in texas with me. Any suggestions???

EDIT: I also need a good SSD for my games. And a 1TB hardrive. Thanks :)

Edited by silentdeath631

That's a pretty old card so it shouldn't be hard to find a cheap replacement.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#sort=a5

There's an 8400 GS for like $30 listed here. Although I think the 8400 is slower then the 7600 so might want something a little beefier.

If your interested in a SSD then the Crucial M4 series is what I usually see recommended. If you also intend to also try putting windows on the SSD then it takes up about 30 gigs, at least for windows 7 home premium.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/internal-hard-drive/#t=0&sort=a7

So I have the shittiest video card ever --> Nvidea 7600 GS and it runs what I want to run gmod,css, etc. Last summer, the fan started making a grinding "wet" noise... I soon opened the case and saw that the fan is wobbly and pops right off (not sure if that's normal/feels like its held on by a magnet.) Will I need to buy a new video card, because now the fan wont even spin XD it just gets stuck in an awkward position. I'm really surprised the card hasn't died. But can anyone give me a cheap PCI-EX x16 card comparable to the 7600 GS? I have a 7800 GTX or whatever it's called. But its in Florida not in texas with me. Any suggestions???

EDIT: I also need a good SSD for my games. And a 1TB hardrive. Thanks :)

I would suggest replacing your GPU ASAP Dx

sounds like its meeting its end XD

I think I may be able to find you a video card (depending if I can find it >.<)

As for SSD, Intel is starting to become competitive so that's one suggestion (cost wise, meh could be better)

1 TB is generally reasonable in price too, Seagate; pretty strong recommendation