Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

LAN Problems

Plaayer

Hey guys. So today, I have been having problems with my local network. I would be playing GMOD and then my ping would eventually bump up to around 900 latency, then I would disconnect from everything, GMOD, TS, Steam, you name it. Now, once it does that, I lose all connection from my router, not my ISP. Here's why I think it is my router.

http://zhost.hellsgamers.com/u/fs/cmdprompt.jpg

Upon pulling out the power cord, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in, I'm connected to the internet. As soon as I enter the PERP server, bye bye internet. The router is about 4-5 months old, and it's a Linksys E1550 and I am hooked up directly to the router via an ethernet cable. My internet card is a Realtek 8122L as found on my motherboard, the ASUS P7P55D-E LX.

I've tried near to everything with this, so if you guys can help, it would be wonderful. Here's what I've tried:

Resetting router (works temporarily)

Resetting modem

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /release

Setting a static, unused IP for my PC and router.

Connecting to my laptop

Connecting via wireless on my HTC Rezound, iPad, and laptop.

Flushing DNS cache using the ipconfig /flushdns

Right now, I will be updating the firmware on my router from 1.0.00 to 1.0.03, found on Linksys' website.

I will update this thread when I have anything to add to the list. Thanks guys!

-TehPlaayer.