Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Scrolling capabilities without a mouse

Nevodka

This is a shot in the dark here since i've exhausted most of the Google searches, but i'm wondering if anybody knows any applications that would allow you to scroll without an actual scroll wheel. I've been laptop gaming for several years now without the use of a mouse, and now I need to be able to scroll to see the tab menu on gmod. Last resort is using a mouse, because i'd rather not have to re-learn all my movements.

Wait.... You don't use a mouse? I salute you, that's hard as fuck, but you should be able to scroll with the right side of your mousepad I think, that's how it is on mine, I game with a mouse connected to it, but I suppose every laptop is different

I am the biggest fucking idiot ever. This worked. I never knew you could scroll with the right side. I am forever in your debt and I love you.

You already found it but yeah, the side of the trackpad is usually reserved as a built-in scroll bar... in fact most do horizontal scrolling along the bottom too.

Another option would be to use a hotkey reassignment program like AutoHotKey to reassign an unused key to the MouseScrollUp & MouseScrollDown fuctions.