Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Low FPS in CSS

Scream

For some reason lately I've been getting really bad stuttering problems/ fps lag in CSS even though my netgraph says I'm getting 60-300 fps, and then on some maps it just sticks around 35-40 frames. I don't know what it could be, I've tried tweaking my settings but to no avail.

System Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz <--Factory overclocked, crappy choice wouldn't ya say? Lol.

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Hard Drive: 1 TB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE

Monitor: 24 inch ACER + a second 19 inch HP monitor

Operation System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

Would I replace my config.cfg with that, or what? I'm not really savvy in doing things like that. Lol.

If you're going to use a custom config, always make a copy of your regular config and give it a different name, like they said update your videocard drivers, might work.

Would I replace my config.cfg with that, or what? I'm not really savvy in doing things like that. Lol.

Sorry for misunderstanding in my post. What basically you are going to do is this that Simply paste the code into Notepad, and save the file as autoexec.cfg and then put it on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\<yoursteam>\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg.