Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

TheShantyman TF2 Degroot Abuse

digitalshot

I would like to explain my actions regarding the 1 day bans.

Many of these bans were regarding mic-spamming. Many people simply refuse to stop screaming obscenities/their favorite song. For a while I was using the Silence feature, but that was not always an effective tool. On several occasions I would Silence a user, and they would simply keep on talking as if I had done nothing. (Using sm_who, I was able to determine that they were not admins/vips, so this was not a factor). Sometimes they would logout and log back onto the server and be able to talk again. And when I would kick someone for the same reason, they would just log back on. I started issuing 1 day bans because the Silences were not having the necessary effect.

Two or three of these bans were for another reason. As you are aware, admins and VIPs have post-round immunity. This, combined with the RTD mod running on the DegrootKeep server, led many people to believe that I was hacking. The majority of the time, simply explaining this to the user was enough to convince them otherwise. But some either would not listen to me or didn't read chat/have volume, and would keep yelling about me being a hacker and trying to voteban me. I will admit that this is not a great reason for banning someone, but I decided that I would rather ban someone who is spamming chat/not listening to admin/trying to ban an innocent player than be banned myself for being an admin and using RTD.

Looking at my actions in retrospect, I see now that I have been too liberal in applying these bans and have not been following proper protocol for doing so in cases where it may be justified. If the administrators see fit to allow me a second chance, I give my word that any admin action taken by me is representative of a player's actions and documented to that the player (and any others) will know exactly why that action was taken.

Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to explain my actions.

Okay first of all let me tell you how ban's work for paid admins. You can do up to a 2 hour ban and it has to be a legitimate reason. If you feel the need that someone needs to be banned for 1 day then ban them for one day, but you will need to record a demo of the incident or a screenshot that shows enough proof to warrant a ban. The reasons you have shown above are valid reasons for those bans, you just need to supply the proof and make a ban report on the forums.

Here is where you make a ban report: https://hellsgamers.com/forums/72-Ban-Reports-Requests

Follow these rules and we won't have a problem.