Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I need windows 7 help

OptionaL

Hey everyone I am having an increasingly difficult time being active due to my computer. I can afford to buy a new computer but I love the one I have. I keep on getting the "blue screen of death" and chronic restarts on my pc. My motherboard indicates that my PC is fully functional and I have no start-up errors. does anyone have a recovery disk for windows 7 and how can i find my cd-key for windows 7 as I have misplaced all my documentation? or do u have any tips that could possibly help my situation?

I couldn't find any stop errors but i did find "error" "critical" and "warning" indications

Take a look at the critical ones, and see if they give any more information. If you can figure it out, if it BSOd's as much as you say, it will do it again.

If it does it again, then write down the STOP error code (looks like this: STOP error 0x1 (0x00000001) )

Good reference picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/usasma/Computer/BSOD.jpg

If your computer restarts too quickly for you to get it written down, then upon reboot, press F8, and Disable automatic restart on system failure.

Hi,

Can you do this for me

in your search bar of your start menu, type in CMD.exe

Right click on it and hit run as administrator

In the command prompt instance, type this in EXACTLY

wevtutil qe system "/q:*[system [(Level=1 or Level=2)]]" /f:text /rd:False > C:\users\%username%\Desktop\systemlog.xml

This will export ALL system events (usually where crashes are recorded) into an XML file called systemlog.xml on your desktop

Upload it somewhere for us to see and we should be able to assist you further.

Or paste it (but I'm going to assume it's going to be a very large file xD)