Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Steam Issues

Cookie

So I am able to connect to any server for about 5-10 minutes and start timing out and when I try to rejoin I get the message: "STEAM validation error" and will get periodically faster tell I rage quit. I have tried to delete the client.blob registry file , and I went as far as removing the entire steam client and reinstalling everything. Help?

It seems it is an issue with the steams database, nothing you can do to technically to fix this. You can make a ticket on their website for them to fix this.

EDIT: Try other servers besides hg and see if you get the same error. It you don't get the same error then it is probably a hg server issue. If you get the error on a different server then it is defiantly steam server side.

EDIT: Try other servers besides hg and see if you get the same error. It you don't get the same error then it is probably a hg server issue. If you get the error on a different server then it is defiantly steam server side.

Its on other servers, on gmod and css

Hey man, I had this problem before I got a new computer.

The fix is to turn off your friends list while your playing in-game, and hope to god it doesn't kick you anyways

Did not work.

Edited by Cookie