Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hey ya'll. [Update on RL...real talk.]

So it's been over a year since I found out my mom has stage four - inflammatory breast cancer. I've been on TS3, but mainly CSS here and there, but I've had my moments where I've been MIA for a couple weeks or more because...well...real life takes its toll. Everyone I talk to I still keep up with here and there, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I found out the docs think she's terminal last week. I went to visit her today for the first time in months since I've been in dusty flat land Lubbock and it was so surreal.

This is definitely a toughy..Anyways, just wanted to explain my random semi-long absences. Keep a look out, I'll be around.

Shout out to everyone that I've been fortunate to befriend and my acquaintances. (Yes that was very general, but I don't feel like listing names and people getting butthurt about it.)

<3

HG | c00k1em0nst3r

Stay strong cookie, I know theres really nothing in life that can prepare you for something like this. If i was in the same position I would just make my last moments as memorable as possible. It sounds like pretty bad news, but with the new treatments that are being discovered you never know. I pray she gets through this for you

Thanks ya'll. I appreciate it. She's home with us now :)

I'm glad your family can be together :) Palliative care and hospice is my life, so if you want to talk or have any questions, I'll be here for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the support and care. My mom came home for the weekend because the doctors said she was emanate. As a family we witnessed her "rally" - pulling all her strength together, breaking her fever, feeling much better, etc. Since she was doing as well as she could, she went back into hospice care at the nursing home. Unfortunately, she passed away Sunday. I'll be gone today and throughout the weekend. I'm flying home in a few hours for the viewing and funeral service on Friday. Thanks again everyone...I just wanted to give a final update. :)

Thanks for all the support and care. My mom came home for the weekend because the doctors said she was emanate. As a family we witnessed her "rally" - pulling all her strength together, breaking her fever, feeling much better, etc. Since she was doing as well as she could, she went back into hospice care at the nursing home. Unfortunately, she passed away Sunday. I'll be gone today and throughout the weekend. I'm flying home in a few hours for the viewing and funeral service on Friday. Thanks again everyone...I just wanted to give a final update. :)

You know you can always talk to me cookie and that i'm always there for you, no matter what! You're a really awesome girl, keep it that way. Much love <3