Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Perp Rule Suggestion or Objection

Tack

How about some crystal clear clarification on the shooting cars as cop rules? Too many times have I drove off only to be shot when the cops had a car right next to him.

The way I see it is like so:

Cop pulls suspect over. Suspect talks with officer. Officer goes to ticket car. Suspect attempts to ram cop = car being shot. Suspect just driving off = warrant and car chase.

Officer is chasing a suspect. Suspect rams several cars. Suspect's car is shot to protect citizens

Officer is chasing a suspect. Suspect rams 1 or more civilians. Suspect's car is shot to protect other civilians.

etc. etc.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Friends aren't a gang and people sometimes don't know about their friends growing in their building. They need to start checking.

Pretty sure friends is intended when it says gang as well. Its a new life as a cop so your not suppost to remember anyone or anything.

It'd be really awesome if there was a defined explanation of what does and doesn't count as RDM

This would be added to the current RDM rules or edited to adhere to the current RDM rules.

IS RDM

• Revenge killing someone for a past death.
  • Killing somebody that isn't near any of your property.
  • Killing AFKs.
  • Killing somebody for their gun.

IS NOT RDM

• Killing person(s) who you have told to leave your property and not go near it, and the person does not leave and/or comes back.
  • Killing a person that was or is pointing a gun at you.
  • Killing person(s) who have been around your property numerous times. (Scouting your territory, you have to tell them to leave though.)
  • Killing a group of people who are obviously going to raid. (Example - 3 cars park outside your base, the people who get out have no properties near the area and are known to be friends and/or in the same faction.)
  • Killing person(s) who have raided you in the past and is near, and/or scouting your property.
  • Killing a faction member of a person who has raided you in the past, which of whom is near and/or scouting your property.
  • Killing enemy faction members near your property.
  • Killing someone who is breaking NLR. (They are breaking NLR if they are near your property or in the general area, the stated general area would be 1.5 - 2x the current NLR indicator size.)
  • Killing somebody who is trying to pick up a gun/lockpick/lootable from a person you have recently killed.
  • Killing a person who is shooting in your general direction, and/or enticing you to a battle.
  • Killing an innocent or unarmed person while you are raiding, or defending a base.
  • Killing someone who has a gun or lockpick out, and, is holding it, while traversing around or near your property.

I think discretion should still be used though, like if the person you killed or are about to kill has a property near yours and is clearly no threat, you should really apologize and work out a plan together.

It'd be really awesome if there was a defined explanation of what does and doesn't count as RDM

This would be added to the current RDM rules or edited to adhere to the current RDM rules.

IS RDM

• Revenge killing someone for a past death.
  • Killing somebody that isn't near any of your property.
  • Killing AFKs.
  • Killing somebody for their gun.

IS NOT RDM

• Killing person(s) who you have told to leave your property and not go near it, and the person does not leave and/or comes back.
  • Killing a person that was or is pointing a gun at you.
  • Killing person(s) who have been around your property numerous times. (Scouting your territory, you have to tell them to leave though.)
  • Killing a group of people who are obviously going to raid. (Example - 3 cars park outside your base, the people who get out have no properties near the area and are known to be friends and/or in the same faction.)
  • Killing person(s) who have raided you in the past and is near, and/or scouting your property.
  • Killing a faction member of a person who has raided you in the past, which of whom is near and/or scouting your property.
  • Killing enemy faction members near your property.
  • Killing someone who is breaking NLR. (They are breaking NLR if they are near your property or in the general area, the stated general area would be 1.5 - 2x the current NLR indicator size.)
  • Killing somebody who is trying to pick up a gun/lockpick/lootable from a person you have recently killed.
  • Killing a person who is shooting in your general direction, and/or enticing you to a battle.
  • Killing an innocent or unarmed person while you are raiding, or defending a base.
  • Killing someone who has a gun or lockpick out, and, is holding it, while traversing around or near your property.

I think discretion should still be used though, like if the person you killed or are about to kill has a property near yours and is clearly no threat, you should really apologize and work out a plan together.

Red = Wrong

Blue = Questionable

Green = Right

How about some crystal clear clarification on the shooting cars as cop rules? Too many times have I drove off only to be shot when the cops had a car right next to him.

The way I see it is like so:

Cop pulls suspect over. Suspect talks with officer. Officer goes to ticket car. Suspect attempts to ram cop = car being shot. Suspect just driving off = warrant and car chase.

Officer is chasing a suspect. Suspect rams several cars. Suspect's car is shot to protect citizens

Officer is chasing a suspect. Suspect rams 1 or more civilians. Suspect's car is shot to protect other civilians.

etc. etc.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Officer feels in danger of the vehicle = Shoot

Officer feels he will not catch up to the vehicle after trying = Shoot

No other reason I can think of to shoot it.

Ive always wondered if u can build a base in middle of nowhere and defend it because u own the props?

Well this isn't dark rp. So i would assume you cant. And there is no door prop, so why would you put weed in a small house with no door

The rule about threatening mayor for job slots needs to go. At least allow people to threaten him if he is not creating job slots. If the city needs money, he can just set their pay really low. It's annoying when a mayor who has no idea what he is doing takes over and screws the city.

The rule about threatening mayor for job slots needs to go. At least allow people to threaten him if he is not creating job slots. If the city needs money, he can just set their pay really low. It's annoying when a mayor who has no idea what he is doing takes over and screws the city.

If he doesn't know what hes doing then teach him. If you kill the mayor every time he does something stupid nobody will know how to be a good mayor

[*]Killing somebody who is trying to pick up a gun/lockpick/lootable from a person you have recently killed.

I was told by Rizon when a gun hits the ground it is a free for all, whoever gets it gets it. Unless it is Police Evidence. You may not RDM for a (friends/Randoms) gun.

These are in no particular order, some are suggestions and some are already established yet unlisted rules.

-The mayor may be threatened if income tax is not between 5-10% and/or sales tax is not between 0-5%. (A lot of people are reluctant to buy/sell anything if sales tax is at 10%)

-Mugging is not allowed, the only valid mugging would be the kidnapping and ransom of the mayor.

-Do not spam organization invites.

-Do not spam /pm or cell phone calls.

-Do not failvert, advert should only be used for advertisements.

-Do not ram other cars purposely and/or drive on the incorrect side of the road, all cars should be on the right side.

-Do not take "preemptive strikes" against police to make robbing the bank easier, if you're caught killing cops prior to robbing the bank it will be considered RDM.

-Do not section off entire buildings UNLESS you own all properties inside (e.g. apartments, tides, subs.)

-You must either verbally warn or put up warning signs regarding entering your property before you may shoot (unless they pose a threat.)

-Do not purposefully trap players inside your home unless they pose an immediate threat to you.

-Do not drive vehicles inside buildings.

-You may not kill players for ticketing your vehicle/towing your vehicle unless you are positive it was done at random.

-You may not prevent players from doing their jobs unless it puts you in harms way (e.g. you may force a medic to stop reviving a cop during a bank robbery but cannot blow up a tow truck for towing your illegally parked car.)

-Remove "If someone is evading the law you may use any force necessary." and "If you have the opportunity to use less lethal force over lethal force use it." and simply state "You may not use lethal weapons unless your safety is at risk (e.g. you should not use your pistol to break the legs of somebody evading the law unless they are shooting back.)

-The mayor may only claim the top floor of nexus and must provide periodic warnings that intruders will be shot on sight.

-Keeps arguments, caps lock, and whining out of OOC. If you believe you've been wronged, record it and post a ban/blacklist report rather than complain.

-Add to the anti-afk rule that players cannot sit in cars to circumvent the afk kicker

-Police must warn players to put away guns in public before arresting them. If they are pointing the gun at anybody and/or shooting it, you may skip the warning.

-Shop and homeowners are allowed to have shotguns/pistols for home security, but only on their property.

-No job camping (i.e. waiting somebody to quit so you may take the job.)

-Players may be arrested for possession of narcotics only if you see them pick drugs up or admit to having drugs on them. You may not arrest players for simply standing by the drug dealer.

-No grav gun spamming

-Do not purposefully get players stuck (e.g. jumping into the nexus teleporter the same time as another player.)

-You may not molotov/shoot up stores because they are "competition."

-Do not medic farm (i.e. continuously killing players with the intentions of reviving them for profit.)

-Do not intentionally scam other players (e.g. switching money values/items at the last second during a trade, renaming cheaper weapons to pass them off as more expensive ones, or hiding ridiculously high priced items in stacks of normal priced ones.)

-You may be arrested for trespassing in either unowned properties or properties owned by strangers.

-Do not race around with your lights and sirens on unless you are actually attending to an emergency.

These are in no particular order, some are suggestions and some are already established yet unlisted rules.

-The mayor may be threatened if income tax is not between 5-10% and/or sales tax is not between 0-5%. (A lot of people are reluctant to buy/sell anything if sales tax is at 10%)

-Mugging is not allowed, the only valid mugging would be the kidnapping and ransom of the mayor.

-Do not spam organization invites.

-Do not spam /pm or cell phone calls.

-Do not failvert, advert should only be used for advertisements.

-Do not ram other cars purposely and/or drive on the incorrect side of the road, all cars should be on the right side.

-Do not take "preemptive strikes" against police to make robbing the bank easier, if you're caught killing cops prior to robbing the bank it will be considered RDM.

-Do not section off entire buildings UNLESS you own all properties inside (e.g. apartments, tides, subs.)

-You must either verbally warn or put up warning signs regarding entering your property before you may shoot (unless they pose a threat.)

-Do not purposefully trap players inside your home unless they pose an immediate threat to you.

-Do not drive vehicles inside buildings.

-You may not kill players for ticketing your vehicle/towing your vehicle unless you are positive it was done at random.

-You may not prevent players from doing their jobs unless it puts you in harms way (e.g. you may force a medic to stop reviving a cop during a bank robbery but cannot blow up a tow truck for towing your illegally parked car.)

-Remove "If someone is evading the law you may use any force necessary." and "If you have the opportunity to use less lethal force over lethal force use it." and simply state "You may not use lethal weapons unless your safety is at risk (e.g. you should not use your pistol to break the legs of somebody evading the law unless they are shooting back.)

-The mayor may only claim the top floor of nexus and must provide periodic warnings that intruders will be shot on sight.

-Keeps arguments, caps lock, and whining out of OOC. If you believe you've been wronged, record it and post a ban/blacklist report rather than complain.

-Add to the anti-afk rule that players cannot sit in cars to circumvent the afk kicker

-Police must warn players to put away guns in public before arresting them. If they are pointing the gun at anybody and/or shooting it, you may skip the warning.

-Shop and homeowners are allowed to have shotguns/pistols for home security, but only on their property.

-Players may be arrested for possession of narcotics only if you see them pick drugs up or admit to having drugs on them. You may not arrest players for simply standing by the drug dealer.

-No grav gun spamming

-Do not purposefully get players stuck (e.g. jumping into the nexus teleporter the same time as another player.)

-You may not molotov/shoot up stores because they are "competition."

-Do not medic farm (i.e. continuously killing players with the intentions of reviving them for profit.)

-Do not intentionally scam other players (e.g. switching money values/items at the last second during a trade, renaming cheaper weapons to pass them off as more expensive ones, or hiding ridiculously high priced items in stacks of normal priced ones.)

-You may be arrested for trespassing in either unowned properties or properties owned by strangers.

-Do not race around with your lights and sirens on unless you are actually attending to an emergency.

Bolded only thing I have a problem with, Shooting shouldnt be allowed but moltov yes. Shooting only when shot at.

The first one I don't really mind, as it's just someone wanting to RP more. The other two is just more of being a huge dick to someone, rather than a rule. :P

Bolded only thing I have a problem with, Shooting shouldnt be allowed but moltov yes. Shooting only when shot at.

IMO, I really like the idea of not being able to molotov as "competition." It causes less problems for the admins, 'cause someone can just say, "Well, I HAD a shop, but I just closed it."

The first one I don't really mind, as it's just someone wanting to RP more. The other two is just more of being a huge dick to someone, rather than a rule. :P

IMO, I really like the idea of not being able to molotov as "competition." It causes less problems for the admins, 'cause someone can just say, "Well, I HAD a shop, but I just closed it."

That wasn't really tolerated before, you had to own a shop and keep it open if hes gonna be comp. Otherwise it was free molly.

The issue I find with being able to molotov your competitors store is the obvious retaliation that will come afterwords. Someone burns your items, you lose a lot of money. You burn their items, they lose a lot of money. Now you have two stores empty because they were molotov'd and two unhappy store owners. It'd be a lot easier to be able to sell items without having to worry about someone burning your valuables as well.

I think maybe you should have the option of instant respawn or if you have valuable items, wait for the medic, just an idea.

The respawn time in collaboration with the $500 death cost is there to discourage getting killed, this is an rp server after all. If you give an option to have an instant respawn time, that defeats the principle entirely.

The issue I find with being able to molotov your competitors store is the obvious retaliation that will come afterwords. Someone burns your items, you lose a lot of money. You burn their items, they lose a lot of money. Now you have two stores empty because they were molotov'd and two unhappy store owners. It'd be a lot easier to be able to sell items without having to worry about someone burning your valuables as well.

I am gonna be 100% honest, I have never seen or Molotov'd a true "Competing" store. You get moltov'd if your a dick, or an enemy of a gang. I have never seen "Your prices are better than my die"

Rule 14

14. In order to sell any items, you must own a shop and sell exclusively inside of the shop. This means you may not sell out in the street. Your car is not a shop.

I was talking with a Council member about this. I think that an exception for this rule. Just two vehicles. The Yankee and the Mule. These are the large trucks with storage areas. Say people could use them to sell stuff in the BK parking lot that's never used if the shops in the city are being used. The way I see it, it would be a pretty huge investment for a shop owner seeing as how their both 100k to purchase. Shows that the person is serious about it. I really hope you consider this, besides it would make sense to be able to sell out the back of those two trucks. Thanks!

Also I really hope this gets approved because I'm just waiting to see if it does before I get a mule :3

Edited by spartan029