Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Buying a processor

aj4132

I'm just wonder what do you guys think is the best but a good price processor.

I'm really tired of having to close everything out to play CS:S. Budget: around $100-150

Thank you for reading.

Specs: Processor: AMD Anthlon II170u 2GHz

RAM: 4GB

64-Bit

Graphic-card: AMD Radeon HD 6450

Edited by aj4132

You are going to change out the processor on your Compaq? Judging from your previous posts, I'd say you probably don't know a whole lot about computers. Changing out a processor is a little more complicated than a graphics card or memory stick. To be frank, I'd just save up some cash until you have enough to build your own computer. In the meantime you should probably study up on how to build a computer. Google will be your best bet.

[edit] Or you could at least buy the parts and take it to a local computer shop to build for you. It would still be cheaper than buying from Dell, HP, etc.

Hopefully the thread isn't too old to involve myself here.

As I've been reading you don't know shit about computers, therefor you most likely bought a built/custom computer and nothing is self-built. At most times, I also may say ALWAYS, the MB and Power-Supply is shit coming from china out of a no-name factory and may end up as firework. I couldn't find any information of the CPU, so I just give you a random suggestion.

Do you like the case and does it support ATX? Keep it. Think about what you wanna use, AMD or Intel? AMD is cheap but intel is stronger. I personally would say i5 2400 and ASRock P67 Pro3 and 8Gb Ram from TGE could it, you also can go with AMD like AMD Phenom II X4 965 and ASRock 870 Extreme3 (and again the ram). In most cases you can unlock the CPU to 6 cores. But don't forget to get a good Power Supply from Corsair, Be Quiet or such known companys. Personally prefer Be Quiet Pure Power L8, 430 Watt should do it.

Edited by DaRkMaN