Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Graphics Card Help...

iTriggz

Just bought Guild Wars 2, so i tried to download the beta, but it says my video card is out dated, knowing i just bought the card last year, i know it isnt.

Is a ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, good? I have never had any problems before.

btw video card = graphics card?? or =/=?

Just bought Guild Wars 2, so i tried to download the beta, but it says my video card is out dated, knowing i just bought the card last year, i know it isnt.

Is a ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, good? I have never had any problems before.

btw video card = graphics card?? or =/=?

Anything above a 4700+ should be able to run the game. Make sure to update any drivers you have through CCC (Catalyst Control Centre).

Anything above a 4700+ should be able to run the game. Make sure to update any drivers you have through CCC (Catalyst Control Centre).

I HATE using CCC, I find it easier to make steam find my most recent drivers. You can also use THIS tool from AMD to get your most recent drivers.

As already ppl said, update the driver. In my opinion it's the best to use CCC but I've never done the way mcwillzz said.

Also I've never heard of a software that tells you "Your video card is outdated" o.O wtf? it usually says your video card is too weak or your video card drivers are outdated.

Also this card is already very old... not that bad, though, but I'm an computer enthusiast and even my GTX 560 ti 448 cores which can run Bf3 on ultra with 40+ FPS is old in my opinion. This may depend on the point of view and which software/games you want to run/play.