Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Unban Appeal - [NGG] Buttery Toast

David Barfield

1. Your in-game name: [NGG] Buttery Toast

2. Server that you were banned on: Jail Break

3. The Banning admin: Weeman

4. Your Steam-Id:STEAM_0:0:46254761

5. Reason for ban: Well, apparently I "abused" the slap command, when really, it what just a typo, I was meaning to type slay instead of slap but for some reason I typed slap, I then attempted to type slay, I then again typed slap, I figured maybe it was because I was thinking of typing slap, I finally got it right with a third attempt. I in no way shape or form intended to type slap, on-top of that the player stated that I ignored the other admins, when, in reality if the admins were to take just a little bit of time to check chat, they could see I responded to their questions. The player also stated that he say two other abuse reports on me. I would just like to take the time to explain to him, if he is reading this right now, that they were completely invalid. In-fact I was not banned because I followed the proper process to punish a player. But, I would also like to apologize for not taking my time to type in the command properly the first time, that was my fault, and I should have made it more clear that my intentions were to slay the player, instead slapping him. I promise I will do everything that I can to stop this from happening again.

Well, for one, the first link you posted is the one you did yourself which at this current moment I am trying to appeal. Two, the Gmod complaints have nothing to do with this unban request and three, the two abuse reports on me were closed, due to me taking appropriate actions. So, I would appreciate it if you just unbanned me.

the fact you've generated issues on our servers isn't really a good thing. How things work around here are is that we have a global ban system meaning if you cause issues on one server, you're gone for all of them.

From what I could tell, you've caused more than a fair share of your problems in gmod now jailbreak.

Your Admin is hereby suspended until further notice.

Well, I personally don't play the Gmod server anymore for simple reasons. But trust me, I would not appeal the ban if I wanted to cause trouble, and in this case, i'm appealing it. Also to answer your question about the actions that I took, I was using the slap command in one of my first complaints as a warning system, I was then told not to slap but to slay then if a player Free Killed another player, so from that point on, I didn't use the slap command as a warning system unless it was necessary. As well as me banning for Mass Free Killing, it was appropriate due to that fact that it clearly stated in the MOTD that, that could get you banned. Anyways, I once again wanted to apologize if I in anyway shape or form seemed to have abused my powers in anyway. I would also like to point out that it was not my intention to slap the player, and that it was just a couple of mistypes, and that I did responded to the questions being asked about me slapping the player. I would also like to promise that I will try my best to keep this from happening again.

You don't play the gmod server anymore for "simple reasons"? Those simple reasons are because we banned you for causing issues. You've been temp banned on a few other occasions as well so this isn't a good track record. You've been downgraded to a 7day ban and admin suspension, any trouble after that and it's a permanent ban.