Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Computer Help!?

iCreepZz

Soo my dad said he might get me a new computer (could be a gaming, might actually be a gaming one) the computer i have right now not so much a gaming one.

So I was wondering if you computer super nerds could tell me what specs I could get (I am building mine) to make it at least higher than a decent gaming computer?

Thanks in advance :D

Soo my dad said he might get me a new computer (could be a gaming, might actually be a gaming one) the computer i have right now not so much a gaming one.

So I was wondering if you computer super nerds could tell me what specs I could get (I am building mine) to make it at least higher than a decent gaming computer?

Thanks in advance :D

$how_much_can_you_spend$

Enigma pretty much hit the nail on the head if you want as cheap for as much power than go with the gaming rig below. This is a $400 dollar build. notice there is no GPU, that is because you have an APU. if you dedicate 2 gigs of ram ( I have given you 6) to your GPU in your CPU, you should be able to run Crysis 2 at high. This is the cheapest I can make it while having the computer being able to handle alot of the new games on the market. more modifications to it and you should be able to play anything you want. I can build, tweak and Optimize the tower so its ready to go. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=17345711

I can add to it with what ever your budget is.

The rig is as follows:

1 GIGABYTE GZ-F5HEB Black SECC Steel / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Item #: N82E16811233073 $19.99

1 Seagate Barracuda ST3750525AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Item #: N82E16822148702 $79.99

1 BIOSTAR TA75M FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Item #: N82E16813138333 $69.99

1 SONY Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B Item #: N82E16827118031 $17.00

1 OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom Item #: N82E16817341017

$99.99 $25.00 Mail-in Rebate Card $74.99

1 Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PGD38G1600ELK Item #: N82E16820220558 $45.99

1 AMD A6-3650 Llano 2.6GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6530D AD3650WNGXBOX

Item #: N82E16819103943 $99.99

Total is $407.94 (minus shipping)

Enigma pretty much hit the nail on the head if you want as cheap for as much power than go with the gaming rig below. This is a $400 dollar build. notice there is no GPU, that is because you have an APU. if you dedicate 2 gigs of ram ( I have given you 6) to your GPU in your CPU, you should be able to run Crysis 2 at high. This is the cheapest I can make it while having the computer being able to handle alot of the new games on the market. more modifications to it and you should be able to play anything you want. I can build, tweak and Optimize the tower so its ready to go. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=17345711

I can add to it with what ever your budget is.

The rig is as follows:

1 GIGABYTE GZ-F5HEB Black SECC Steel / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Item #: N82E16811233073 $19.99

1 Seagate Barracuda ST3750525AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Item #: N82E16822148702 $79.99

1 BIOSTAR TA75M FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Item #: N82E16813138333 $69.99

1 SONY Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B Item #: N82E16827118031 $17.00

1 OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom Item #: N82E16817341017

$99.99 $25.00 Mail-in Rebate Card $74.99

1 Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PGD38G1600ELK Item #: N82E16820220558 $45.99

1 AMD A6-3650 Llano 2.6GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6530D AD3650WNGXBOX

Item #: N82E16819103943 $99.99

Total is $407.94 (minus shipping)

Would not go with biostar for anything, and that build will not have the graphic power to run crysis 2 on high.

Wait for his reply and build according to his spending limit.

When theres a price margin i'll throw a build together

Would not go with biostar for anything, and that build will not have the graphic power to run crysis 2 on high.

Wait for his reply and build according to his spending limit.

When theres a price margin i'll throw a build together

Son I have been building computers for the past 8 years, I know what I can run and can't run with specs and biostart isnt that bad, but you get wht you pay for.

Oh hell, building computer since you're ten and suggesting a shit CPU? Ok well, it's caused by the price range. Always this "I want to run everything max but give me the cheapest stuff u got" won't work well.

The most important beside the prize is always: What programs/games on which settings do you want to run?

Yes I have been building them since I was ten. But I agree more money = more power

Seems legit...why do you take everything so personally?

Some info for the OP. Ocz modstream is a board killer, I strongly advise you to not buy that psu. My 790x and 550 be are in hardware heaven because of 2 of them.

Seems legit...why do you take everything so personally?

Some info for the OP. Ocz modstream is a board killer, I strongly advise you to not buy that psu. My 790x and 550 be are in hardware heaven because of 2 of them.

maybe this is why my mobo fried a few months ago :( i got a modxstream

http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc_new/ncixpclist.cfm?categoryid=1003

wellll ive been browsing thru ncix cuz that's my local like computer shop area and this is what i saw and im not sure any of them are good

IMO: Pre-built rigs are good, but expensive, and can sometimes come with a bunch of extra unnecessary crap.

If you have the means to build a computer, and can afford to buy the parts online I would follow Enigma or Annon's advice. (Not talking shit about others, I've just known them the longest and would readily trust their advice.)

What you can do to save a ton of money is buying the parts RETAIL instead. Micro Center is a massive retailer that has some of the best/newest hardware available WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY SHIPPING!!! See if there's a store near you, it's worth a good long drive to pick up the parts yourself compared to waiting (sometimes weeks) to get parts that you never really get to see until they're in front of your house.

I built myself a 'solid' (See Specs in sig) gaming rig for roughly $1,000 through their Denver store and it was a blast getting to talk to people face-to-face who know what's going on and who can physically answer your questions. Without having to read reviews and feedback to guess at which parts work/are compatible.

As mentioned before though, the price range/requirements/location matter quite a bit.

Edited by ZCOM

I bought mine for around $2500.00 but that's including an OS and A really High end monitor. Cut costs where you can. Do your research as far as how much you can spend and compatible reliable parts. I was in the dark for a couple months but Soccer/Anonymau5/Prius/ and a few others helped me out with figuring out what I needed for my build. I really went over kill with my rig but I think 1500 as a max price will put you with a high end pc. Shit they could probably help you assemble it over tinychat too. lol good luck.

That's a good budget for a pretty high-end PC.

2Q7uW.png

If you want something cheaper, you could replace the processor in that cart for this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116505 (which will be plenty for gaming)

Pretty much the exact build i'd put together, except i'd stick with the 2600K instead of the ivybridge for now. when the 2nd gen ivys come out then yes, but for now they are not the greatest heat wise and OCing.

That and i'd get the antec 1200 case, more airflow and a a built in fan controller

That's a good budget for a pretty high-end PC.

2Q7uW.png

If you want something cheaper, you could replace the processor in that cart for this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116505 (which will be plenty for gaming)

Soccer can you send me a link to like each of those parts? please?

Thanks in advance